Hello beauties ! Hope you are having a great week.
There was a huge sale going on few days back on Maybelline products at Lifestyle Stores. Such seasonal offers are great to restock your favorite makeup, collect items in your wishlist or try out something different. This time my haul was almost restocking few of my favorite Maybelline products.
I love small travel sized eyeshadow palettes a lot. The Maybelline Gigi Hadid Warm palette is one of my favorite palette to use for a quick eye makeup or during travel. I already own Rooftop Bronze from the City Mini palette – a beautiful combination of bronze neutral all purpose shimmer shades. But since I was getting the palette at much discounted price, this time I decided to try out a very unique combination of shadows. I bought the shade Urban Jungle.
If you want to me to do a comparison between City Mini and Gigi Hadid let me know in the comment section. Also let me know if you want to see 3 other City Mini palette reviews – Rooftop Bronze, Brunch Neutrals and Grafitti Pop.
I absolutely love Maybelline Lip gradation. They are one of my favorite matte lip crayons. I chose a bright Orange color for a bright summer lip.
I have talked about Super Stay Gel Nail colors in my past posts also. This is the most long wearing and pigmented gel nail color I have used so far.
Now I will be sharing with you my opinion and experience about each of these products in detail. Lets get started !
Maybelline The City Mini Palette – Urban Jungle (6.1g for INR 750):
This is how the outer packaging looks like. I like the Urban Jungle themed photo on both sides. There is a eye makeup photo at the back using all colors of this palette which can be used as a reference.
This is how the actual palette looks like. City Mini Palettes and the Gigi Hadid palettes look similar. Personally I love the blush pink color of Gigi Hadid palette more than this one. Both the palettes have the same disadvantage – no mirror.
The palette is very cute and compact, ideal for travel purpose. You can make complete eye look using all city mini palettes. All of them have a light highlight shade, few all over lid shimmer shades, crease shade and outer corner dark shade.
There are total 6 shades in this palette. 3 are shimmer shades, 2 are very glittery shades and 1 is a charcoal black matte shade. There is no mirror which is a little bummer. The brush is very basic and not much practical. It is better to use your fingers than the brush in case you do not own any separate eye shadow brush. All the shimmer shadows are super pigmented and reflective, 2 of them have lot of fine shimmer particles. Shimmers are very fine and do not feel chunky at all. None of them feel patchy or uneven. Even the charcoal black matte shade is good enough for its job.
These are all 6 shades swatched at the back of my hand. The colors looks gorgeously pigmented both on my hand and eyes. From left to right :
- Shimmer – Metallic silvery white : extremely pigmented, little goes a long way. Good for brow bone and inner corner highlight. Can be used both by finger or brush.
- Shimmer – Champagne gold : god pigmentation, universally flattering color, can be used as a crease color or all over lid shade. Multipurpose usage – as a inner corner highlight for deeper skin tones or if using dark lid shade, can be used as face highlighter.
- Shimmer – Dirty gold color with lots of yellow, pink and silver shimmer particles : It is a very reflective color, the multicolored shimmer particles makes it more interesting under bright light. A quite pigmented all over lid shade. Best applied with your fingers for zero fall out and maximum glitter.
- Shimmer – Yellow gold with green undertones : My favorite color of the whole palette. This color mainly attracted me to buy this particular combination. A very out of the box gold shade, the most pigmented of the whole palette. This color is also universally flattering, one swipe is enough. Can be used both by brush or finger as a all over lid shade.
- Matte – Charcoal black. The only matte shade of this palette. This color can be used to smoke out your eyeliner, smudging lower lash line, mostly to darken outer hollows of your eyes. Matte shades are comparatively less pigmented than the shimmers in almost all palettes I have used. This one is no exception. It is a little patchy and you have to layer it up to increase color payoff. But that is in a way good for such a dark shade, you will have more control over how much dark you want your outer corners to look. Dark matte shades are best applied with brush.
- Shimmer – Dark green with lots of golden shimmer particles. This color justifies the “Jungle” part of the palette’s name 🙂 A very pretty shade to deepen outer corners and crease. If you want to go for a golden green smokey eye, this can be your all over lid shade as well. But this color is slightly less pigmented compared to rest of the shimmer shades. You have to go over 2 to 3 times to get maximum color pay off. If you want more of the golden glitter, use your fingers. If you do not want so much shine, use a brush and tap off the shimmers particles.
Rating : 4/5
Will I repurchase ? I have all 4 City Mini palettes and the Gigi Hadid Warm palette. It will take me a lifetime to finish all of them 😀
This is a very affordable and beautiful palette, worth all the money. Highly recommend!!
Maybelline New York Lip Gradation – Orange 1 (1.25g for INR 550):
Maybelline Lip Gradation Coral 1 was featured in my favorite makeup list of 2017. Check out the post if not already : Favorite Makeup Products of 2017
This lip product has a pointed tip and a smudging sponge at the other end. I do not use the sponge to be honest, but if you like ombre lips you may use it.
The lip crayon is slim and the pointy tip is great for precise application. You do not need any lip liner to use underneath this lipstick. It is super pigmented, only 1 stroke gives you opaque application. The lipstick glides smoothly over the lips. If you have thin lips, this one is your best friend as you can define and fill your lips with this product only. The lipstick is completely matte but not very drying. It is very long lasting, but it will fade away a little if you take heavy meals. Since it is a true matte crayon, I will suggest you to scrub your lips before reapplying.
The shade orange 1 is suitable for fair to medium skin tones. It may not look that good on deeper skin tones. Orange 1 is a beautiful bright matte orange color. The color is ideal for summer months. Personally I like orange lip throughout the year 🙂 Super happy with this one.
Rating : 4.5/5
Will I repurchase ? Yes, I love Lip Gradation lip crayons. They are one of my favorite everyday lip product. Highly recommend !
Maybelline Super Stay Gel Nail Color – Uptown Blue, Brick Tan, Rose Salsa & Divine Wine (10ml for INR 350):
I reviewed this nail paint in the shade Nonstop Orange in a previous post. Head over to the post to know about this product in detail : Mini makeup haul + product review – Gigi Hadid Maybelline Eye shadow palette, NYKAA unicorn potion and more
I do all sorts of household chores including cooking, washing clothes and dish washing. Nail paints chip off easily and my nails look really ugly since I do not get time to apply a fresh layer on week days. But this nail paint resolved every single nail paint issue.
The nail paint is not too runny, neither it is clumpy at all. It glides smoothly over the nails and super pigmented. You need maximum 2 coats to get maximum color payoff and opaque gel finish. The best part is the nail paint stays on my nails for more than 7 days. After 8 to 9 days it starts to chip off slightly from the sides.
This nail product has a unique applicator. The flat wand spreads the nail paint uniformly and covers more area at once. It also gives better precision on the sides of your nails.
Uptown Blue is a pastel sky blue color. This is the only color I am a little disappointed. It is a little streaky and less pigmented compared to all other shades I tried. You need to work a little hard for this shade. But it is a pretty color specially during summer.
Rose Salsa is a coral pink color. A pretty girly color which instantly brightens your nails. This color is particularly all girls’ favorite.
Brick Tan is a earthy brown nude. I have fair wheatish complexion. This one is the perfect nude for my nails. I feel this color will suit all skin tones. A perfect nude color for college and office going girls as an everyday nail paint.
Divine Wine is a gorgeous wine color with purple undertones. It is a deep beautiful color, great for party or any special occasion.
Rating : Uptown Blue – 3/5, Brick Tan – 5/5, Rose Salsa – 4.5/5 & Divine Wine – 5/5
Will I repurchase ? I will repurchase Brick Tan multiple times for sure. Second favorite is Divine Wine. My all time favorite ride or die nail paint. Highly recommend !
Hope my reviews help you in some way and you enjoy reading my mini Maybelline haul.
Let me know if you have used any of these products and do you like them. Also let me know in the comment section if you want me to review any other product for you.