Hello everybody! Hope you are having a great week.
I love grilled dishes of all types – grilled pomfret, grilled prawns, grilled assorted vegetables, grilled mushrooms, and of course the all time favorite grilled chicken. This dish can be served both as a snack and a starter.
I do not own a micro oven. It is better and easier without doubt to prepare grilled dishes using an oven. But today’s post is about we unfortunate souls who only have a non stick grill pan. The recipe is really simple and easy to prepare. A perfect dish to enjoy with your friends and family.
Lets get started !!
Preparation Time : (overnight)
Clean the chicken pieces well. With tissue papers dry them. With a sharp knife make 2 to 3 deep slits on each of the pieces. Place them in a big mixing bowl.
Add garlic paste, yogurt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder (or a tiny pinch of red food color if you prefer), salt, 1/2 tablespoon black pepper powder and 3 tablespoon lemon juice into the mixing bowl. Coat each chicken pieces uniformly.
Add the chicken pieces along with the whole marination spices into a large zip-lock bag. Keep it overnight in a refrigerator.
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
- Chicken – 2 pieces around 200g (I used chicken breast pieces with bone, you can use boneless pieces if you prefer)
- Garlic paste – 2 tablespoon
- Lemon Juice – 4 tablespoon (Use 3 tablespoon for marination, use rest before serving)
- Yogurt – 2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder – 1 tablespoon (Use 1/2 tablespoon for marination, use rest before serving)
- Salt – as required
- Rock salt – 1 teaspoon, powdered
- Chaat masala – 1 teaspoon (You can also use dry mango powder)
- Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Kashmiri red chilli powder – 1 tablespoon (You can use a pinch of red food color instead of this if you prefer)
- Oil – 4 tablespoon (I used refined soybean oil)
- Before you start cooking, take out the overnight marinated chicken from fridge. Let it come to room temperature.
- Drizzle some oil into the marinated chicken.
- Take a non stick grill pan. Brush the whole pan with oil first. Now add the remaining oil into the pan and spread evenly. Let it heat up.
- Place the chicken pieces carefully on the grilled pan. Lower the flame to medium.
- Cover the grill pan with a lid and let the chicken cook.
- When one side has turned crisp, flip each chicken pieces so that the other side gets cooked. Cover with the lid again.
- Once both sides are uniformly done, remove the lid.
- Pour oil with a spatula on all sides, if your chicken pieces are thick flip and place all sides of the chicken pieces using a tong so that the chicken is well grilled on all sides.
- Once everything is done, turn the flame off.
- Place the grilled chicken pieces on a serving plate. Sprinkle remaining lemon juice, remaining black pepper powder, rock salt and chaat masala.
Serve Grilled chicken hot with onion rings and chopped coriander leaves salad.