Hello everybody ! Hope you are having a great week.
This week I will be sharing with you 2 very traditional Bengali home recipe using bottle gourd leaves. We all love bottle gourd as a vegetable. But most of us do not know about the edible plant. You can prepare interesting and delicious yet very simple dishes using both stem and leaves of the bottle gourd plant.
The first dish I will be sharing with you is dried bottle gourd leaf paste. It takes barely 5 minutes to prepare this dish but tastes really good. There are few variety of ways this preparation is done. I love to use garlic and green chillies as they are my favorite ingredient for any recipe. You can serve it as one of the side dish with steaming hot rice along with other main course curries.
Lets get started !
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 5 minutes
- Bottle Gourd leaves (Lau pata) – 25
- Green chillies – 4
- Garlic – 4 cloves, roughly chop 3 cloves and finely chop 1 clove
- Mustard oil – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Put all the bottle gourd leaves, 3 garlic cloves and 2 green chilli into a mixer grinder and prepare a smooth paste.
- Heat up 1/2 tablespoon mustard oil in a deep bottom frying pan.
- When the oil has heated up, lower the flame to minimum. Add a pinch of salt.
- Add finely chopped garlic clove. Stir until it turns golden.
- Add the leaf paste. Keep stirring in low flame until the paste has dried up completely.
- Turn the flame off once done. Drizzle the remaining 1/2 tablespoon mustard oil on top. Garnish with slitted green chillies.
Serve Dried Bottle Gourd leaf paste with steaming hot plain rice & any main course curry of your choice.