Hello everybody ! Hope you are having a great week.
I was very busy the last couple of days, got a new laptop in my workplace. Configuring a new laptop with all the previous software and data is quite a task.
I missed sharing with you a veg recipe yesterday. So today I will be posting both veg and non veg recipes in consecutive posts. This week’s veg recipe is an all time favorite veg snack for most of us. I am sure many of you absolutely love baby corn just like me. I had shared with you an Indian main course recipe in the past “Babycorn Jalfrezi”, please check that out if not already.
In today’s post I will be sharing with you the recipe for Crispy Chilli Babycorn. Serve this yummy baby corn as a snack for your friends and family to enjoy on a fun chilled out afternoon. You can also serve it as a side dish with fried rice or pasta if you prefer.
Lets get started !
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
- Baby corn – 150g, cut into medium sized pieces
- Capsicum – 1 small or 1/2 a medium, cut into small pieces
- Green chilli – 4, finely chopped
- Garlic – 4 cloves, finely chopped
- Onion bulb (white part of spring onions) – 8, finely chopped
- Spring onions (green leafy part) – finely chopped, 4 tablespoon for preparation + 1 tablespoon for garnishing
- Salt – as per taste
- Black pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Soy sauce – 2 tablespoon
- Tomato sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli garlic sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Corn flour – 4 tablespoon
- Wheat flour (maida) – 1 tablespoon
- Refined oil – 6 to 8 tablespoon, I used refined vegetable oil
Preparing crispy baby corns :
Take a mixing bowl. Add cornflour, wheat flour (maida) and few pinches of salt. Add water little by little and keep mixing until you get a smooth batter. The batter should not be too thick nor too runny, just enough to coat the baby corns well.
Take a deep bottom frying pan. Add refined oil and let it heat up completely.
In the meantime add few baby corns to the batter, not too many at a time. Coat each of them well.
When the oil is hot, add the cornflour coated baby corns one by one into the oil. (Do not worry if they stick to each other initially). Keep the flame medium. Turn the baby corns after one side is done. Try to separate them with the spatula gently when they become golden on all sides. Remove them from oil once they are crispy and golden brown on all sides, in a paper towel wrapped plate.
Repeat the process until all the baby corns are done.
Preparing the veggies & sauce :
- Remove excess oil from the frying pan until you are left with about 2 tablespoon oil. Let the oil heat up again, in case its not anymore.
- Add garlic. Stir until they become golden.
- Add finely chopped onion bulbs, capsicum and green chillies. Stir fry until the onions and capsicum are fried. (Do not over fry them, otherwise they will lose their natural flavor)
- Turn the flame to medium. Now add soy sauce. Mix well with the veggies.
- Add fried crispy baby corns. Also add salt. Mix well.
- Now add tomato sauce, red chilli garlic sauce and black pepper powder. Stir and mix everything well.
- Add finely chopped spring onions (keep 1 tablespoon aside for garnishing). Stir and mix until everything is done.
- Turn the flame off and garnish with remaining spring onions.
Serve Crispy Chilli Baby corn as a snack on its own. You can also serve it as a side dish with fried rice or pasta.