Hello everybody !! This is “Beauty”ful Thursday again 🙂
I am going on a short trip to North Sikkim (Lachen-Lachung-Yumthang Valley) next week. We have extremely hot summer months coming up here in Kolkata. So I decided to escape to a beautiful hill station for few days 😀
Vacation season is going on in full swing all around the world. Almost everybody is going on a spring or summer break. So in today’s post I thought of sharing with you my skin and hair care essentials in my travel bag. May be this post will help you in some way to pack for your holiday essential products. In case I have missed something, let me know in the comment section, it will be very helpful to all of us 🙂
Let me give out this disclaimer in the very beginning, I am one of those people who like to carry their world everywhere they go. Some of you may feel that I carry too many products, that’s fine you can skip or modify anything you prefer. Also I have seen people prefer to carry only their trusty favorite items in mini travel bottles. But my list is always a mixture of new products I want to try while on vacation plus few mini or travel size bottles of my favorite products.
Also remember my beauties, I am going to a quite chilling hill station. So this list will mainly contain items essential for a cold vacation destination.
I also want to share with you my travel makeup essentials, if you are interested please comment below.
Lets get started !!
These are the 2 pouch bags I carry whenever I travel. Both of these I received from NYKAA 🙂 The cream one (left) I received on purchase of Plum kajal liners and it contains products I will use only at the hotel room. The green one (right) I received on a NYKAA sale haul and it contains products I will need on the road, so this pouch I keep in my backpack and carry with me everywhere.
These are all the products in my travel essentials list (Make a note of these if you like):
Hair care :
- Dry shampoo : Batiste Instant Hair Refresh – fruity & cheeky cherry (50ml for INR 299)
- I occasionally carry a Hair serum : Toni&Guy High Shine Serum Drops (I have skipped it this time)
Skin care :
- Face wash : Himalaya Purifying Neem Face wash (15ml for INR 15)
- Makeup remover : Garnier Micellar Oil-infused Cleansing water (125ml for INR 225)
- Facial wipes : Kara Makeup removal skin care wipes – Seaweed & Lavender (10 wipes for INR 85)
- Cleanser : Neutrogena deep clean foaming cleanser (50g for INR 115)
- Toner / Facial Mist : Fuschia Hydrating Facial Toner – Lavender Love (50ml for INR 250)
- Day cream : The Nature’s Co Saffron Radiance Face Cream (25ml for INR 550)
- Sunscreen : Lotus Herbals Safe Sun UV Screen Matte Gel SPF 50 PA+++ UVA UVB (50g for INR 315)
- Lip balm : Oriflame Tender care Protecting Balm (15ml for INR 309)
- Face oil : Bio Bloom Skin care Face oil – Age defying & radiance booster (15ml for INR 1499)
- Night cream : Natural Bath & Body Vital Nourishment Cream – grapefruit & vitamin C (20ml)
- Sheet masks : Dearpacker Home Remedy Mask – Green tea + Jasmine flower & Sandalwood + Rose water (1 sheet contains 20g for INR 100 )
- Overnight leave on pack : Blossom Kochhar Aroma magic reviving oxy pack (20g)
Body care :
- Foaming Body wash : Wild Earth Oceanic Calm Body wash (30ml for INR 99)
- Exfoliating Body wash : Fiama Di Wills shower gel gentle exfoliation – Lemongrass & jojoba (30ml)
- Body lotion : Nivea nourishing lotion Body Milk (75ml for INR 75)
- Sun protect lotion : Nivea sun protect & moisture SPF 30 PA+++ UVA UVB Water resistant (75ml for INR 250)
- Hand cream : The Face shop Mini Pet – Floral (30ml for INR 387)
- Foot cream : Bio Bloom Foot Cream – Eucalyptus (30ml)
Personal Hygiene :
- Spray Deodorant : Nivea Body Deodorizer – fresh petal & care (120ml for INR 250)
- Roll on deodorant : Nivea fresh natural 48h gentle care (50ml for INR 185)
- Pocket perfume : Engage ON Woman – cool aqua (18ml for INR 60)
- Hand Sanitizer : Lifebuoy Immunity Boosting Hand Sanitizer (30ml for INR 34)
- Soap strips : Dewfresh soap strips – Rose (10 strips for INR 3.50)
- Mouthwash : Listerine Cool mint (80ml for INR 47)
- Mint tablets : Wrigley’s Doublemint – Spearmint (15mints for INR 10)
- Mosquito repellant cream : Good Knight Cool gel Personal repellant Child safe (50g for INR 75)
- Cotton pads – Chicco Soft cotton squares (60 pcs for INR 349) + Bella cotton care with orange flower & D panthenol (70 pcs for INR 99)
- A pocket mirror, comb, hand towel, tissues, toilet seat sanitizer & tampons
- It is better to carry few newspapers & plastic bags, just in case you need them.
If you are going to a very hot destination or beach holiday, carry a body powder (for your body) and blotting paper (for your face) to control excess sweat.
Some of the products are from my favorite brand Nivea as you can see, most others I received in my Glamego beauty box. You will find detailed review of many of the products listed in my previous posts.
Lets see what I am carrying in each bag separately. Also I will give you a brief review of all the products and why I am carrying them.
These are the contents of the slightly bigger cream colored bag which will remain in my hotel room :
- Dearpacker Home Remedy Mask :
Sheet masks are the most easiest and most convenient way to pamper yourself on a trip. You can apply them during a long flight, relaxing evening or to refresh yourself after a tiring day. I have chosen 2 Sheet masks from the Korean brand Dearpacker. This product is exclusively available on NYKAA in India.
The first sheet mask contains green tea and jasmine flower extracts to give my skin a refreshed soothing feel. I will be using it on my last day of trip when I will be super exhausted.
The second sheet mask contains sandalwood and rose water. This is a moisturizing mask and great if you are going to a hill station like me. My skin feels very dry on cold weather and this mask will work as both moisturizer as well as toner.
2. Blossom Kochhar Aroma magic reviving oxy pack :
This is a overnight leave on mask which will keep my skin soft and moisturized in the cold dry weather. I got this product in Glamego March 2018 box.
- Fiama Di Wills shower gel gentle exfoliation – Lemongrass & jojoba :
This is a shower gel with a very refreshing smell. The small exfoliating beads mildly exfoliates the body while washing, but does not make your skin dry. I got this product as a gift from Allen Solly store, it was part of a 4 sample size shower gel pack.
- Neutrogena deep clean foaming cleanser :
This is a product which deeply cleanses your skin and removes all traces of remaining makeup. An essential product to carry during trip when your skin is exposed to long wearing makeup, dust and pollutants.
- Good Knight Cool gel Personal repellant Child safe :
You never know when insects and mosquitoes will attack you specially if you are going to a hill station, valley, caves, marsh lands or jungle. Actually it is always safe to carry a repellant anywhere you travel just to be safe. This product is child safe and pediatrician certified. It contains Natural Aloe vera which gives your skin a cooling sensation.
- Nivea nourishing lotion Body Milk :
This is a trusty body lotion I am using for several years, since my school or college days. I dont even remember when I started. A very affordable but great quality body lotion which provides enough moisture and lasts quite long.
- Nivea sun protect & moisture SPF 30 PA+++ UVA UVB Water resistant :
Another Nivea product which I absolutely love and use every single day. If I am not wrong, this product is recently launched. I started using it few months back and since then I have not stopped 🙂 If you are going to a beach holiday or any not-so-dry place, this product alone will act as both body lotion as well as sunscreen.
- Garnier Micellar Oil-infused Cleansing water :
I have got a detailed review post about both products in this Garnier Micellar range. I am carrying this oil-infused one since usually I use long staying and waterproof makeup during trip.
- Lotus Herbals Safe Sun UV Screen Matte Gel SPF 50 PA+++ UVA UVB :
Sunscreen is an absolute essential not only for a trip but for everyday skin care. On a trip it is perhaps the most important skin care item you cannot ignore at all. I use a high SPF 50 PA+++ UVA UVB sunscreen to protect my skin from harmful sun rays. This Lotus product is non sticky, has gel like consistency and absorbs into the skin in seconds. Also it does not leave any oiliness or white cast on your skin.
- Nivea Body Deodorizer – fresh petal & care :
This product is a new buy. I will try out this deodorizer on trip and see if it works for me. I absolutely like Nivea spray deodorants. I hope this one will be equally good. The scent is fresh and I love it. But it is quite mild.
- Bio Bloom Skin care Face oil – Age defying & radiance booster :
As I told you before, my skin becomes very dry in cold climate. So I will be using this face oil during my night time skin care. I may also use 1 to 2 drops with my foundation. I received this product in my Glamego January 2018 box.
- Bio Bloom Foot Cream – Eucalyptus :
I received this product in my Glamego December 2018 box. You will be traveling the whole day in your trip. Your feet will need some pampering when you come back in the evening. Use a foot cream to moisturize your feet so that you wake up with soft relaxed feet for a new adventurous day.
- Wild Earth Oceanic Calm Body wash :
I received this product in my Santas November 2017 box. The smell is really refreshing and it has a perfect size for travel. A fresh relaxing body wash is an essential during your trip.
- Chicco Soft cotton squares :
These are actually baby wipes. They are quite big in size and extremely soft. I use it to get rid of my facial makeup. Only 1 square wipe is enough to remove my entire base makeup.
- Bella cotton care with orange flower & D panthenol :
These are small circular cotton pads and I use it to remove my eye makeup. I also use them to apply toner. They are very soft and gentle on the skin, very good to use on sensitive areas like eyes.
Now lets dive into the contents of the green colored bag which will remain in my backpack :
- A pocket mirror :
I was gifted this cute and pretty pocket mirror by my aunt. It has ethnic mirror work at the back and a crystal clear glass in front. The size is perfect to fit into my handbag. For on-the-go touch ups this is an essential.
2. Dewfresh soap strips – Rose :
These soap strips are cheap as hell and you get these everywhere. If you need to use washroom or lavatory outside your hotel room, these strips come very handy.
- Kara Makeup removal skin care wipes – Seaweed & Lavender :
Face wipes are very important to freshen up on the way. They are an instant face clean up. The one I picked up is also a makeup removing wipe. If I am wearing light makeup or my makeup messes up on the road, these wipes come very handy. They are affordable, but not the best. They are little too wet and takes time to get absorbed.
- Batiste Instant Hair Refresh – fruity & cheeky cherry :
Lets be honest, when the weather is extremely chilly outside we do not like to wash our hair with shampoo and conditioners at all. Even if my hotel has geyser, I am quite lazy on trips. Also you cannot style your hair if it is wet, who has so much time in a trip. So dry shampoo is our best friend. Quickly apply and rub it in to get fresh looking and nice smelling hair. This Batiste bottle is very travel friendly and smells amazing.
- Listerine Cool mint :
I love this product and use it twice a day. I particularly like this particular variant – cool mint. I like anything with mint flavor, my mouth feels clean and fresh after heavy meal.
- Nivea fresh natural 48h gentle care :
This is my favorite roll on. I love the fragrance of this roll on. It stays on my body for quite a long time. It is totally non sticky, dries down in seconds and does not make my underarms dark.
- Himalaya Purifying Neem Face wash :
I sometimes develop 1 or 2 acne during trip. It may be due to dirt, pollution or clogged pores. So for me this neem face wash is my trusty partner since college days. The size is perfect for travel and the anti-bacterial property helps to keep my acne away.
- Fuschia Hydrating Facial Toner – Lavender Love :
I received this product in my Santas November 2017 box. I like the spray packaging and small compact size. The smell is also refreshing.
- Engage ON Woman – cool aqua :
This pocket perfume is my life saver. I love to smell good always during my trip. No perfume actually lasts on my body throughout the day. This one is small, affordable, fits into any hand bag. So I keep spraying it on my pulse points every time I feel like. This particular smell ‘cool aqua’ is very refreshing and perfect for trip.
- Lifebuoy Immunity Boosting Hand Sanitizer :
Hand sanitizer is a must. I usually carry the Dettol Hand sanitizer, but this one is not bad.
- The Nature’s Co Saffron Radiance Face Cream :
This face cream I received in my Glamego February 2018 box. This face cream is a light moisturizer, non sticky and quick absorbing. So I use it as a day cream under my makeup.
- The Face shop Mini Pet – Floral :
I have detailed review about this product in my blog. The hand bag is extremely cute and has a beautiful smell. In the chilling weather, my hands will become very dry. So I will be carrying this cream in my handbag to apply whenever required.
- Oriflame Tender care Protecting Balm :
This Balm is very cute to look at and the size is perfect to keep in my hand bag. The balm is quite moisturizing but not heavy.
- Wrigley’s Doublemint – Spearmint :
I love mints. They keep your mouth fresh, taste great and also a good time pass.
Hope this post helped you in packing your vacation skin care essentials. Let me know in the comment section if any of these are same with your list.
Also let me know in the comment section if you want me to share with you my travel makeup essentials.