Hello everybody !! Hope you are having a great week.
This week I will be sharing with you 2 amazing egg recipes. Both of these are very easy & quick. I try to keep in mind the time factor for all my recipes, because a. I am a working woman b. I live in a hot & humid city. If you are like me and you do not want to spend too much time in the kitchen , yet want to serve your family with some yummy dishes, hope my recipes will help you. Please follow our blog & all our social media so that you never miss any update from us 🙂
In this post I will share with you a main course side dish which is quite wholesome by itself. But with some chapatis, onion salad, pickles and green chilli this dish goes to another level. If you do not like eggs, you can add fried minced chicken / any meat you prefer.
If you are a vegetarian, you can skip the scrambled eggs and follow the remaining steps. To make a difference to your dish, you can add chopped mushrooms, mini soya chunks or even small fried cottage cheese cubes instead of scrambles eggs.
Lets get started !!
Preparation Time :
Take 1 cup Green grams and 1/2 cup Yellow split grams in a large bowl. Fill 1/2 the bowl with water. Soak lentils overnight or at least 4 to 5 hours before you start cooking.
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
- Green grams (Green moong dal) – 1 cup
- Yellow split gram (Chana dal) – 1/2 cup
- Eggs – 2
- Onion – 1 large size, 1/2 chopped into thin long slices, 1/2 roughly chopped
- Ginger – 2 inch, roughly chopped
- Garlic – 4 cloves, roughly chopped
- Tomato – 1 medium sized, roughly chopped
- Green chilli – 4, finely chopped
- Fresh Coriander Leaves – 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
- Dry Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi) – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Shahi Garam Masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Refined oil – 4 tablespoon
- Clarified butter (ghee) – 1 tablespoon
- Take a pressure cooker. Add all the soaked lentils into the cooker. Add 1 and 1/2 to 2 cups water. Also add few pinches of salt. Secure the lid of the cooker and turn the flame on. Wait for 3 to 4 whistles in medium flame. Once done let the pressure release by itself.
- In the meantime, take a wok. Let the oil heat up (keep 1 tablespoon aside for egg). When hot, add roughly chopped onions. Add few pinches of salt. Stir fry until onions become translucent.
- Add ginger & garlic. Keep stir frying until the onions become golden brown.
- Now add tomatoes. Keep stirring until the tomatoes become soft.
- Take out everything in a small bowl. Let it cool. Prepare a smooth paste using a mixer grinder.
- In the same oil, add thin long sliced onions. Keep stirring until the onions become golden brown.
- Add the paste prepared in step 5. Turn the flame to medium. Also add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder & coriander powder. Also 1/2 part of chopped green chillies.
- Mix and stir until the spices start releasing oil.
- Add everything from the cooker into the wok. Mix everything well.
- Add dry fenugreek leaves. Also add salt as required. Mix again.
- In the meantime, take a frying pan. Heat up the remaining oil.
- Whisk and beat 2 eggs. Add 2 pinches of salt. Mix well.
- Add the beaten eggs into the frying pan. Stir continuously until the scrambled eggs are cooked. (Do not over fry them)
- Now check your gravy. If it is too runny, increase the flame and let the water dry up.
- The gravy should be quite thick but not dry. When it reaches the desired consistency, add scrambled eggs. Mix well with the lentils. Once done turn the flame off.
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves, remaining 1/2 part of chopped green chillies and clarified butter. Gently stir once and give the dish some standing time.
Serve Spicy Indian Lentils with Scrambled Eggs hot with chapatis, onion salad, a green chilli and pickles.