Hello everybody !! Hope you are having a great week.
Today is Tuesday and as per our schedule, I will be sharing 2 exciting veg recipes with curry leaves. Both these dishes are perfect for the upcoming summer months. Curry leaves add an unique flavor to any preparation. I usually try to keep the dish less spicy since I want the curry leaves flavor to dominate the dish. Black mustard seeds and tamarind paste are 2 best friends of curry leaves in my opinion.
I am trying out South Indian style recipes these days, if you are from that region please do not be offended. I am only sharing how I prepared these dishes in my kitchen and do not claim in any way to be authentic.
In this post I will be sharing with you a simple and easy stir fried potato recipe with curry leaves. You can enjoy this delicious side dish with rice or chapati.
Lets get started !!
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
- Potatoes – 2 medium sized, cut into small cubes
- Black mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Tamarind Paste – 3/4 teaspoon
- Dry red chilli – 2
- Curry Leaves – 20 (for stir fry) + 2 (for garnishing)
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
- Salt – as per taste
- Refined vegetable oil – 2 to 3 tablespoon
- Take a pressure cooker first and light up your hob. Add the chopped potatoes, few pinches of salt and 1 cup water. Secure the lid of the cooker.
- After 1 whistle, turn the flame off. Wait till the pressure is released by itself. Take out the semi-boiled potatoes (strain as much water as possible) into a paper towel wrapped plate. Let the potatoes become completely dry.
- Now take a deep bottom frying pan. Add oil and let it heat up.
- Add dry red chillies and black mustard seeds.
- When the seeds starts crackling, add curry leaves. Turn the flame to medium. Stir fry the leaves until they are crispy.
- Now add the semi-boiled potatoes. Mix and stir fry for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt. Also add turmeric paste. Mix and keep stirring.
- When the potatoes are completely done and they have turned golden brown, turn the flame off.
Serve Stir fried potatoes with rice or chapatis for a quick, simple yet delicious meal.