Hello everybody !! Hope you are having a great week.
If you follow my blog you will remember I shared with you a Honey Lemon Chicken recipe last month. I served this pasta with the chicken side dish. If you have not yet tried the chicken recipe, please check it out. Its one of my favorite chicken dish to have with noodles or pasta.
I hope you loved my other fusilli pasta recipes shared last year. There are multiple options to choose from 😀 Let me know in the comment section which of my pasta recipes you enjoyed the most. Also let me know if you want me to share any specific fusilli recipe of your choice so that I can try a new one in future.
This one is a complete meal in itself. You can increase the quantity of chicken if you are not having any chicken side dish. A great wholesome meal for kids or as a quick yummy dinner. I used fusilli since you know its my favorite pasta variety 🙂 You can chose whichever variety you prefer.
Lets get started !!
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
- Fusilli Pasta – 1 medium sized bowl, boiled
- Broccoli – 1 small, cut into little florets
- Button Mushroom – 8, cut each mushroom into 4 slices lengthwise
- Minced Chicken – 1 and 1/2 tablespoon, Use 3 to 4 tablespoon minced chicken if not serving with a chicken side dish
- Garlic – 6 cloves, cut into thin long juliennes
- Salt – as per taste
- Black pepper powder – 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli flakes – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice – 1 tablespoon
- Soy Sauce – 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
- Pasta Seasoning – 1 tablespoon (mixture of dry herbs like oregano, thyme and rosemary)
- Olive oil – 4 tablespoon (You can also use refined soybean / vegetable oil in case you do not have olive oil)
- Heat 4 cups of water in a deep bottom sauce pan. When the water is boiling, add few drops of olive oil and few pinches of salt. Add fusilli pasta into the boiling water. Lower the flame to medium and let the pasta cook.
- Fill 1/2 a large bowl with normal water. Add 4 to 6 ice cubes into the bowl.
- When the pasta is completely boiled strain them out and add them into the icy cold water bowl. Let them stay in the ice bath for some time.
- In the meantime, heat up remaining olive oil in a deep bottom frying pan.
- When the oil heats up, add minced chicken. Add 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice and few pinches of salt. Stir fry until the chicken is done. Remove from the pan and keep aside.
- In the same oil, add garlic. Wait until the garlic turns golden brown.
- Add the broccoli and mushroom. Add required amount of salt. Keep stirring until both of them are almost done.
- Add soy sauce, red chilli flakes, black pepper powder, remaining lemon juice and pasta seasoning.
- Mix and stir until everything is done.
- Add fried mixed chicken. Strain out the pasta from the ice bath (try to strain as much water as possible) and add them into the pan. Lower the flame to medium.
- Keep stirring until everything is mixed with each other.
- Once done turn the flame off. You can drizzle your favorite sauce over the pasta if you want. I have skipped the sauce since I served it with a gravy side dish.
Serve Mushroom Broccoli & chicken Fusilli pasta hot.
I served Mushroom broccoli chicken fusilli pasta with honey lemon chicken.