Hello everybody !!
I have shared with few other Tilapia Fish recipes last year. Hope you tried and liked them. You can have a look at them for a quick recap in the “Related Post” section below this post.
Tilapia Fish is a very popular freshwater variety particularly among the kids as it has very less bones. Today I will be sharing with you a light less spicy Telapia Fish recipe which you can prepare on days you are in a hurry or you want to prepare a quick fish side dish to go with your rice. The hero ingredient of this preparation is the roasted spice powder.
Lets get started !!
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
The the body and tail pieces of the fish and clean them well under running water. Place the clean fish pieces in a paper towel wrapped plate to soak up the water. When the fish are dry, marinate them with a pinch of turmeric, few pinches of salt and few drops of mustard oil.
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
- Tilapia Fish – 2 piece, I discarded the head and used only the body and tail pieces of 1 whole fish
- Tomato – 1, medium sized, finely chopped
- Green chilli – 2, roughly chopped
- Roasted whole cumin & dry red chilli powder – 1 tablespoon
- Mustard oil – 4 tablespoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 1/3 teaspoon (optional)
- Heat oil in a deep bottom frying pan. When the oil heats up completely, lower the flame slightly. Add marinated fish pieces and fry till both sides turn golden. Remove from oil once done.
- In the same oil, add a pinch of salt. Add tomatoes and green chillies. Keep stirring until tomatoes become soft & mushy.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Keep stirring until the spices start releasing oil.
- Add 1 cup warm water and required amount of salt. Give it a stir.
- Immerse the fish pieces into the gravy. Lower the flame to medium and cover the pan with a lid. Let the fish cook. Flip sides in between so that both sides of fish gets cooked evenly.
- When the fish is done, check if the gravy is too runny or not. It should be neither too thick nor too runny. You can remove the lid, increase the flame and let the water dry up so that the gravy reaches the desired consistency.
- Once everything is done, add roasted spice powder. Gently stir once.
- Turn the flame off. Give the dish some standing time.
Serve Tilapia Fish curry hot with plain rice.