Hello everybody !! Hope you are having a great week.
Today I will be sharing with you a chicken recipe I prepared for my lovely husband on Valentine’s day last week. I enjoyed this preparation a lot in restaurants and so I decided to try it for myself. The end result was a super yummy non veg side dish you can enjoy with pasta, noodles or fried rice. The preparation is medium spicy and has unique sweet & sour taste. The honey lemon garlic infused sauce is the hero of this dish.
Honey lemon chicken is usually prepared in a micro oven to have a glazed sauce. But since I do not have micro oven I used a normal frying pan.
If you want to serve it as a snack, dry up the sauce so that it sticks to the chicken pieces. You can even pre-cook the fried chicken before your guests arrive, and when you serve pour the hot sauce over the fried chicken.
Lets get started !!
Marination Time : at least 2 to 4 hours, best overnight
Clean the chicken pieces well. Place them over a tissue paper or paper towel to soak up any water. Now marinate the chicken with salt, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon black pepper and few drops of oil. Keep it aside for at least 2 to 3 hours before cooking, I kept them in a sealed plastic bag overnight.
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
- Chicken – 400g, boneless chicken thighs
- Garlic – 4 cloves, finely chopped
- Honey – 2 tablespoon
- Lemon Juice – 3 tablespoon (2 tablespoon for sauce & 1 tablespoon for marination)
- Soy Sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Plain butter – 2 tablespoon, melted
- Olive Oil – 4 tablespoon, (In case you do not have olive oil, you can use refined vegetable / soyabean oil)
- Salt – as per taste
- Red chilli flakes – 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder – 1 and 1/2 teaspoon (1 teaspoon for marination, 1/2 teaspoon for sauce)
- Italian seasoning – 1 teaspoon (mixed dried herbs – thyme, rosemary, basil, oregano)
- Coriander Leaves – 1 teaspoon, finely chopped (You can also use Parsley or mint leaves if you prefer)
I am very sorry, I lost the ingredient pics as my memory card got corrupted 😦
- Take a deep bottom frying pan. Add olive oil in it. Let the oil heat up.
- Add melted butter.
- When the oil is completely hot, lower the flame to slightly below medium. Add marinated chicken pieces.
- Let the chicken cook in low flame. Flip each pieces in between so that both sides get cooked uniformly.
- Remove chicken pieces from flame once they turn reddish golden.
- Now in the same oil, add chopped garlic. Keep stirring.
- When the garlic turns golden brown, turn the flame to medium. Add honey, remaining lemon juice, black pepper powder, salt, soy sauce, Italian seasoning and red chilli flakes. Keep stirring for a minute.
- Add the fried chicken pieces into the sauce. Mix and stir well. Wait until the sauce gets mixed with the chicken well.
- If you want to serve it as a snack, you can reduce the sauce until it sticks to the chicken pieces. If you are serving it as a side dish of your main course, keep the sauce slightly runny.
- Once everything is done, turn the flame off. Add coriander leaves and give it a stir. Give the dish some standing time.
Serve Honey Lemon chicken hot with any noodles, pasta or fried rice of your choice.
This is our Valentine’s day dinner platter. I served Honey lemon chicken with Broccoli, Mushroom and chicken fusilli pasta. We also had a red velvet cake and fruit sundae which are not included in this pic.
Hope you too had a lovely Valentine’s day with yourself / your loved one. Please share with me in the comment section below your special romantic dinner menu.