Hello everybody !! Hope you are having a great week.
I have some exciting veg recipes to share with you this week. So this is the third veg recipe in a row. I shared with you a side dish of Moringa flowers and a main course cauliflower dish yesterday. They were both authentic Bengali recipes. Check them out if not already.
This post is a yummy quick veg snack recipe which is one of my favorite weekend breakfast. If you have kids at home, they will love it. Today I will be sharing with you a Cheesy corn sandwich recipe.
Lets get started !!
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Cut each bread into 1/2 corner to corner so that you have 4 triangular bread pieces. Also discard the brown edges.
Cooking Time : 5 minutes
- Sandwich bread – 2
- Boiled corn – 6 tablespoon
- Onion – 1 small, finely chopped
- Tomato – 1 small, finely chopped
- Garlic – 3 cloves, finely chopped
- Mint Leaves – 1 teaspoon, finely chopped
- Cheddar cheese – 2 tablespoon, grated
- Salt – as per taste
- Black pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli flakes – 1/2 teaspoon
- Refined Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Melted butter – 1 tablespoon
I have used a Grill Pan for the sandwiches because I do not have sandwich maker. If you have, you can surely use it instead of pan.
- Take a frying pan. Add oil and let it heat up.
- Add onions and a pinch of salt. Stir fry until they become translucent.
- Add garlic. Keep stirring until onions turn golden.
- Add tomatoes. Mix and stir until tomatoes become soft and mushy.
- Now add boiled corns. Add black pepper powder, required amount of salt and red chilli flakes.
- Turn the flame to medium. Stir and mix until the everything is cooked.
- Next add mint leaves. Mix well. Turn the flame off once done.
- Now take a grill pan / sandwich maker. Grease the pan well with melted butter. Turn the flame on and let it heat up.
- In the meantime, fill 2 sandwich breads with the corn mixture. Add 1 tablespoon grated cheese on each sandwich bread uniformly. Place the remaining 2 sandwich breads on top as a cover.
- When the pan heats up, place the sandwiches and let both sides grill. If you are using grill pan like me, keep the flame medium. When the breads are golden on both sides and slightly crunchy remove them from the pan.
Serve Corn Sandwich with any dip of your choice. I have served it with a Chipotle mayo dip.