Hello everybody !! Hope you are having a great week.
Spring season is the blooming time of one of my favorite edible flower variety – the Moringa flowers. The moringa plant has several medicinal properties and many parts of the plant like leaves, flowers and fruit (drumticks) are edible.
Moringa flowers contain vital amino acids and are excellent sources of calcium and potassium, making them a valuable supplement for nursing mothers.
Today I will be sharing with you a very easy simple and quick recipe using the highly nutritious Moringa Oleifera flowers / Drumstick flowers. This is a medium spicy yummy side dish you can enjoy with plain rice.
Lets get started !!
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
- Moringa oleifera / Drumstick flowers – 1 bowl, fresh
- Dry red chilli – 2, whole
- Tomato – 1 small, roughly chopped
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Sugar – 1/4 teaspoon
- Mustard oil – 1 tablespoon
- Take a deep bottom frying pan. Heat oil.
- When the oil heats up, add whole dry chillies.
- When the chillies start to crackle, add a pinch of salt. Add tomatoes. Turn the flame to medium.
- Keep stirring until the tomatoes become soft. Add Moringa flowers. Also add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and sugar.
- Mix and keep stirring. When the flowers start sticking to the bottom of the pan, add little warm water (about 1/2 cup).
- Mix and keep stirring again. Wait until the flowers are cooked, you can add slight more water later if required.
- When flowers are boiled, increase the flame and let the water dry up completely. Do not let the flowers get charred / over boiled.
- Once everything is done, turn the flame off.
Serve Dry spicy Moringa / Drumstick flowers hot with plain rice.