Hello everybody !! Hope you enjoyed the previous post.
I am sharing with you 2 non veg recipe this week. Both are using small tiny delicious fishes like Indian Carplet (previous post) and Puti. This recipe is a very simple but very popular dish of Puti. I am not sure whether you get Puti fish outside India, but you can use this recipe for any other small fish of your choice.
This is a super quick and very easy recipe if you want to store your fish preparation for longer duration.
I love it hot & sour only, but if you do not like complete sour taste of tamarind, you can increase the amount of sugar.
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 5 minutes
- Puti Fish – 4 whole
- Tamarind paste – 2 tablespoon
- Roasted dry red chilli & cumin seeds powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Mustard oil – 2 tablespoon
- Take tamarind paste in a small bowl. Mix 4 tablespoon water. Stir and mix so that there are no lumps.
- Heat 1 and 1/2 tablespoon oil in a frying pan. When the oil heats up, add the marinated Puti fishes one by one.
- Stir fry until the fishes turn golden on both sides. Remove from oil when done.
- Turn the flame to medium. Add few a pinch of salt in the same oil. Then add tamarind paste + water mixture into the oil.
- When the gravy starts boiling, add the fried fish. Also add salt if required and sugar.
- Cover the frying pan with a lid. Let the fish cook, turn them on the other side in between.
- When everything is done, check the gravy. It should be neither too thick nor too runny. If the gravy is still runny, remove the lid and increase the flame so that the water dries up.
- Once the gravy reaches the desired consistency turn the flame off. Drizzle the remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil over the fish. Add roasted dry red chilli and cumin seeds powder. Give it a stir.
You can serve the dish hot / at room temperature with plain rice.