Hello everybody !! Hope all of you are having a wonderful week.
I shared with you a very interesting Indian Carplet recipe last week. Please check that out if not already. Today I am going to share another one, this is probably the most popular and loved Mourola Fish recipe for any Bengalis.
The recipe needs only 3 very basic most available ingredients apart from the fish. Its the easiest, quickest yet the most delicious Indian Carplet preparation. Enjoy it with steaming hot plain rice and let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Lets get started !!
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Make a small slit at the belly area of each fish. Take out unwanted parts by pressing the fish lightly. Clean the Indian carplets under running water.
Place them in a paper towel wrapped plate to remove excess water. Once done remove the paper towel.
Marinate the carplets with a pinch of turmeric powder, few pinches of salt and few drops of mustard oil.
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
- Indian Carplet (mourola mach) – 100 g
- Potato – 1 medium size, cut into long very thin slices (try to make it as thin as possible)
- Eggplant – 1/2 of a medium sized one or 1 small, cut into thin long size (keep the slices twice as thick as the potatoes)
- Green chillies – 4, 3 finely chopped and 1 for garnishing
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Mustard oil – 4 tablespoon
- Heat oil in a deep bottom frying pan. When the oil heats up completely lower the flame to medium.
- Add the marinated fishes into the oil. Shallow fry them until they turn light golden on both sides. Remove from oil and keep them aside.
- In the same oil add potatoes. Add a pinch of salt and a pinch of turmeric powder. Keep stir frying until the potatoes turn golden.
- No add eggplants and green chillies. Also add remaining turmeric powder and salt as much required.
- Stir and mix everything well. Now add the shallow fried fishes.
- Continue to stir fry in medium flame until the fish and veggies are done. (Do not over fry them / make them too crispy since the fish will loose its taste)
- Turn the flame off when the veggies are cooked and the fishes are rich golden color.
- Garnish with remaining green chilli.
Serve Crispy stir fried Indian Carplet with veggies hot with plain rice.