Hello everybody !! The first weekend of 2018 😀 hope you having an amazing time.
This is my first recipe of the new year. So I wanted to share something that can be enjoyed by every single person, whichever part of the world you are and whichever age you are. I think pasta is one of the most favorite dish around the world. I had shared a broccoli fusilli recipe earlier, if you are a vegetarian you can check that out. I chose Fusilli because it is my favorite form of pasta, you may choose whichever variety you prefer.
Today’s recipe is a spicy Prawn Fusilli. Try it this Sunday and let me know if you like it in the comment section.
Lets get started !!
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
De-vein the prawns and clean them under running water well. Let them dry over a tissue paper. Now marinate the prawns with pinch of salt, few drops of soy sauce and 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice.
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
- Fusilli Pasta – 1 large bowl
- Prawns – 8 (I used tiger prawns), marinated
- Onion – 1 small, finely chopped
- Garlic – 4 cloves, finely chopped
- Ginger – 1 inch, finely chopped
- Tomato – 1 small, finely chopped
- Capsicum – 2, finely chopped (You can also use 1/2 green bell pepper)
- Soy Sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Peri Peri Sauce – 1 teaspoon (I used Nando’s Peri Peri Sauce, you can use red chilli sauce / any hot sauce of your choice)
- Salt – as per taste
- Lemon Juice – 1 tablespoon
- Fresh Coriander Leaves – 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Olive oil / Refined vegetable oil – 4 to 6 tablespoon
- Take a deep bottom sauce pan. Fill 1/2 of it with water and let the water come hot. Add few pinches of salt and few drops of olive oil / refined oil.
- When the water just starts boiling, add the fusilli. Give it a stir and lower the flame to medium. Wait until the pasta is completely boiled.
- Once the pasta is done, turn the flame off. Take a large bowl. Fill it 1/2 with normal water. Now add 5 to 6 ice cubes in the bowl. Strain boiled pasta from boiling water directly into the ice bath. Let the pasta remain in the ice bath for 5 minutes. You can later strain out the pasta into a paper towel wrapped plate to dry up.
- In the meantime, heat remaining oil in a deep bottom frying pan. When the oil heats up, add marinated prawns. Fry them until they turn pinkish golden on both sides. (Never over fry prawns as they become rubbery) Take them out in a separate bowl.
- In the same oil, add chopped onions. Stir until the onions become translucent.
- Next add chopped garlic and ginger. Stir until the onions turn golden brown.
- Now add capsicums. Stir for a minute.
- Next add tomatoes. Add salt. Mix everything well. Keep stirring until the tomatoes become soft.
- Add fried prawns, soy sauce and peri peri sauce. Also add remaining lemon juice. Stir everything till the veggies and prawns are done.
- Now add the fusilli. Mix everything well. Check salt, add if required.
- Add black pepper powder and chopped coriander leaves.Lower the flame to minimum.
- Keep stirring and mixing until everything is mixed well. Once everything is completely done, turn the flame off.
Serve Prawn Fusilli hot with any dip / sauce of your choice. You can even enjoy it without any additional sauce.