Hello everybody !!
Radish is a highly nutritious vegetable used commonly in salads. But you can also prepare a variety of fries and gravy items using this multi purpose veggie.
In case you are not aware, here is a small info on health benefits of radish :
Radishes are a very good source of vitamin C. Folate, fiber, riboflavin, and potassium, as well as good amounts of copper, vitamin B6, magnesium, manganese, and calcium are less prominent nutrients that support the healthy properties of radishes.
Today’s recipe is a crunchy delicious recipe using radish. In case you do not have sun dried dumplings (bori), you can use crushed peanuts to add the crunch to your dish.
Lets get started !!
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Clean and peel each radish. Now cut each of them lengthwise into 2 halves. Then chop each half into thin slices.
Cooking Time : 5 to 10 minutes
- Radish – 4 to 6, chopped into thin semi circular slices (I used red radish, you can use the white variety also)
- Black Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Sun dried dumplings (bori) – 4 to 5, fried
- Whole dry red chilli – 2
- Coriander Leaves – 1 teaspoon, finely chopped
- Salt – as per taste
- Sugar – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
- Refined oil – 4 to 5 tablespoon
- Take a frying pan. Add oil and let it heat up.
- Add sun dried dumplings (bori). Stir until they turn golden brown on all sides. Once done take them out in a bowl.
- In the same oil, add whole dry red chilli and mustard seeds.
- As the seeds starts to crackle, add chopped radish. Stir for a minute.
- Add salt and turmeric powder (optional). Mix well.
- Lower the flame to medium. Cover the pan with a lid.
- Let the radish in its own juice. Occasionally stir.
- When the veggies are almost done, add sugar. Mix well and cover again.
- Once the radish is completely done, turn the flame off.
- Crush the sun dried dumplings (bori) roughly and spread it evenly on the radish. Also add coriander leaves. Give it a stir.
Serve Crunchy Stir fried radish hot with rice / bread.