Hello everybody !!
Hope all of you are checking out the recipes I am posting in my FB page. Make sure you follow Mumi’s Fun Life (URL : https://www.facebook.com/mumisfunlife) in facebook for some exclusive recipes.
In this post I am sharing with you one of my favorite dish as a kid. I am certain that your kid will also love it. Try this fusilli with brocolli for a healthy and yummy meal this weekend.
Lets get started !!
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cut broccoli into small florets. Boil water in a large bowl and add the florets and a pinch of salt into warm water for about 10 minutes. In the meantime, take another bowl, fill 1/2 of it with water and add 4 to 5 ice cubes. Strain out broccoli from warm water and immediately add them to ice cold water. Keep them for 5 minutes. This will help retain the green color of broccoli.
Strain out broccoli florets in a paper towel wrapped bowl and let them dry.
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
- Fusilli pasta – 1 bowl (You can use any other variety of pasta if you prefer)
- Broccoli – 1, cut into small florets
- Onion – 1 medium, chopped into small pieces
- Garlic – 6 cloves, cut into long thin pieces
- Green chilli – 2, finely chopped
- Cheddar Cheese cube – 1 (I used Amul Processed Cheddar Cheese), grated
- Black Pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Paprika – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice – 2 teaspoon
- Soy Sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Red Chilli Sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Tomato Sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Olive Oil – 3 tablespoon (You can also use refined oil)
- Take a deep bottom container. Fill 1/2 of it with water. Add pinch of salt and few drops of olive oil. Let it heat up.
- When the water starts boiling, add fusilli. Lower the flame to medium. Stir occasionally until the pasta is boiled. (Be careful not to over boil)
- Take a large bowl and fill 1/2 of it with water. Add 5 to 6 ice cubes. Once the pasta is boiled, strain it from hot water and add it into the ice cold water. Leave the pasta in the ice bath for 5 minutes. When done, strain the pasta out and keep it in a separate bowl.
- In the meantime, heat olive oil in a wok. When the oil heats up, add onions.
- Stir until the onions become translucent. Add garlic. Stir well until the onion and garlic turns golden.
- Add the blanched broccoli florets and green chillies. Add salt and paprika. Stir fry the florets for 2 minutes.
- Next add soy sauce. Mix well and keep stirring until the broccoli is completely done.
- Now add fusilli. Mix everything well. Add tomato sauce and red chilli sauce.(If you want your pasta to be creamy, cut the cheese cube into small pieces and add now.) Mix again and keep stirring in medium flame. There should not be any water left and everything should be mixed well with the pasta.
- When everything is done, add lemon juice and black pepper powder. Mix well. Turn the flame off.
- Grate generous amount of cheddar cheese over the pasta and serve hot.
Let me know in the comment section if you like the recipe. Also let me know which is your favorite pasta recipe with broccoli.