Hello everybody !! Wish you a great week ahead.
I shared some veg recipe without onion garlic in my last few posts. In case you haven’t checked them yet please do and let me know which one is your favorite.
After some main course veg side dishes, I thought of doing a veg snack. When I think of snack time the 1st thing which comes to my is instant noodles. Yes many of you will say that it is not a very healthy option, which is correct. But it is the easiest and most available option. Even I know for many of my bachelor / college friends instant noodles is a life saver for your hunger pangs 😀 because it is the tastiest and easiest meal.
Adding some nutritious veggies will promote our guilty pleasure noodles to a more healthier meal. This is not only a snack, this can easily be your wholesome dinner on a lazy evening.
Now all of us have our own favorite recipe when it comes to instant noodles. Today’s recipe is inspired by a street side stall just in front of my office. We always find large number of people ordering Maggie during lunch break / afternoon break in that stall. Me and my friends also love going there, so here is a preparation dedicated to our favorite food stall 😀 The price we pay for this delicious noodles is only 40INR per plate. Try this yourself and let me know in the comment section about your favorite food stall in your office area.
Lets get started !!
Cooking Time : 5 minutes
You can customize and add any veggies of your choice, but I have used only those which my favorite food stall owner adds in his preparation 😀
- Instant Noodles – 2 blocks, (I used Maggie, you can use any instant noodles of your choice)
- Instant Noodles Spice Packets – 2, you can use the spice packets which comes with the noodles you are using
- Capsicum – 1 small, chopped into small cubes
- Green Beans – 5 to 6, chopped into small pieces
- Carrot – 4 inch approx, chopped into thin small pieces (do not make it too thin)
- Green Peas – 1 tablespoon, (If you are using frozen peas like I did, soak them in warm water for few minutes before you start )
- Green Chillies – 4, finely chopped
- Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Garlic and Ginger – 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
- Salt – as per taste
- Refined oil – 4 tablespoon
You can also add 1finely chopped small tomato and few drops of soy sauce if you want. Since I am following the street stall recipe I skipped them 🙂
- Take a deep bottom sauce pan / wok. Let the refined oil heat up.
- When the oil is ready, add onions, ginger and garlic. Stir until the onions turn golden.
- Add capsicum and beans next. Sprinkle some salt. Mix and stir for a minute.
- Next add the green peas and carrot. Mix well. You can again add salt if needed. Stir the veggies and fry them. (Do not over fry, let the green color remain)
- When the vegetables are fried, add instant noodles spice mix. Mix everything well.
- Add 3 cups of warm water. Stir and let the water heat up slightly.
- Add the noodle blocks. Push them into the water as much as possible. Lower the flame to medium. Cover the saucepan/ wok with a lid.
- Let the noodles boil. Mix and stir occasionally.
- When the water is almost dried up and the noodles are done, add green chillies. Increase the flame. Mix and let the water completely dry up.
- Once everything is done, turn the flame off. Immediately place the noodles in a serving dish (otherwise the noodles may stick to the walls of the wok/saucepan).
Serve Street Style Instant Noodles hot with your favorite sauce / ketchup.