Hello everybody !! Hope you had a great weekend !
This is the last recipe from the festive veg platter series. I tried to do a slightly different preparation with my favorite vegetable cauliflower. This is specially for those who like a comparatively non spicy dish which is a bit different from the traditional ones. Let me know in the comment section if you like it or not.
Lets get started !!
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Clean the cauliflower florets well. In a pressure cooker add the florets, some salt and 2 cups of water. Wait for 2 whistles in medium flame. Take out the boiled cauliflowers in t a paper towel wrapped plate. Try to dry the florets as much as possible.
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
- Cauliflower – 1, cut slightly bigger florets, boiled
- Garlic – 6 to 8 cloves, crushed
- Tomato – 1 small, roughly crushed
- Dry Bay Leaf – 1
- Whole spices – 2 small cinnamon stick, 3 cardamoms, 4 whole black pepper, 2 cloves
- Refined Oil – 2 tablespoon (I used refined vegetable oil)
- Plain Butter – 2 tablespoon, melted
- Black Pepper Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Green Chillies – 2, slitted (only garnishing)
- Salt – as per taste
- Heat refined oil in a wok. When the oil heats up, add whole spices and dry bay leaf.
- When the spices start crackling, add the cauliflower florets. Stir until they turn slightly golden.
- Add tomatoes, garlic paste and some salt. Mix well and stir until the tomatoes become soft.
- Add 1 cup of warm water Mix and cover with a lid. Let it cook for few minutes until the gravy thickens.
- When everything is done, turn the flame off. Add the black pepper powder and melted butter. Mix everything well.
- Garnish with green chillies.
Serve Garlic Butter Pepper Cauliflower hot with puri / fried rice.
This is the platter I served with this dish. Let me know in the comment section if you liked our veg platter series and which one you tried.