Hello everybody !!
I had earlier shared with you a veg fried rice recipe when I initially started this blog. This is an updated one. Also this is the third recipe from the festive veg platter.
Hope you are loving these festive special complete veg recipes. Let me know which recipe so far you enjoyed the most.
Lets get started !!
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Clean the rice well. Spread them in a paper wrapped plate so that no water remains in the rice. When rice is completely dry keep it in a bowl.
(If possible soak rice in water few hours before starting this preparation. The rice will take less time to boil.)
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
- Basmati rice – 1 and 1/2 cup, you can use any long grained rice
- Capsicum – 1/2 a small capsicum, chop into small thin pieces
- Green Peas – 1/2 cup
- Carrot – 1 small, chopped into thin small pieces
- Beans – 6 to 8, chopped into small pices
- Cauliflower – 1/2 cup, cut into very small florets
- Cashew nuts – 2 tablespoon, whole / broken
- Salt – as per required
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Dry bay leaf – 1
- Whole spices – 4 black cardamom, 4 small cinnamon sticks, 4 cloves, 4 whole black pepper
- Clarified Butter (Ghee) – 2 tablespoon
- Refined vegetable oil – 2 tablespoon
- Take a deep bottom container. Let it heat up. Add 1 teaspoon melted clarified butter (ghee).
- Next add the whole spices and dry bay leaf. When the spices starts to crackle add the rice. Stir well for a minute.
- Add 4 cups of warm water. You can add as much water as needed to almost boil the rice you are using. (Do not completely boil it, stop just when it is almost boiled) It is better not to give too much water initially, you can always add later if needed. When the rice is done there should not be any water left in it, so measure well.
- Add required amount of salt. Stir well. Cover the container with a lid. Turn the flame to medium. Let it cook.
- In the meantime, heat oil in a frying pan. When the oil heats up, add 1/2 tablespoon melted clarified butter.
- Now stir fry the cashew nuts until they start turning golden. Remove when done and keep aside for garnishing.
- In the same frying pan, heat refined oil. When the oil heats up, add cauliflower, capsicum and beans. Add pinch of salt. Stir until the cauliflowers start turning golden.
- Next add green peas and carrot. Again add salt. Keep stir frying until all the vegetables are cooked and fried. (Do not over fry them, just enough so that they are cooked)
- Wait until the rice is almost boiled and very little water remains.
- When rice is ready, add the fried vegetables and sugar into the rice. Mix everything well.
- Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon clarified butter. Mix again. Cover the container and let everything cook until the rice is completely boiled.
- There should be absolutely no water remaining in the rice and it should be boiled completely. When everything is ready garnish with roasted cashew nuts on top.
Serve Veg Fried rice hot with any veg / non veg side dish of your choice.
This the complete veg platter I served with fried rice. Please let me know if you want me to do a detailed post on any other dish from this platter.