Hello everybody !!
Please let me know in the comment section about your preparations for the festive season. How much did you shop, which new makeup / fashion item you got? Are you going on a trip or spending time with family and friends at home ?
Here is a super easy snacks recipe. You can even have it as a starter for your meal also. I usually prefer these fritters without any sauce, they are quite yummy by themselves.
Lets get started !
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Freshly grate a whole coconut and keep it in a large mixing bowl just before you start this recipe. Keep some small pieces for garnishing.
Cooking Time : 5 minutes
- Refined oil – 1 cup, use any white oil of your choice, I used refined vegetable oil
- Coconut – 1, freshly grated
- Green Chillies – 4 to 6, finely chopped
- Gram Flour (Besan) – 1 and 1/2 to 2 tablespoon
- Rice Flour – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Add oil in a deep bottom frying pan. Let the oil heat up.
- In the meantime, take a large mixing bowl. Add grated coconut, green chillies, salt, sugar, gram flour and rice flour.
- Mix all the ingredients very well with your hands so that you get a smooth sticky dough.
- Now form small oval / circular balls with the dough. I prefer a slightly flat oval shape. Keep each dough in a oil brushed plate.
- When the oil completely heats up in the frying pan, add coconut balls slowly one by one into the pan. Keep the flame medium.
- Let the balls turn golden and crispy on all sides. Once done take them out in a plate wrapped with paper towel.
- Once all the balls are fried, turn the flame off. Garnish the balls with small pieces of coconut on top.
Serve Coconut Fritters hot as a snack or starter.