Hello everybody !!!
This is the third recipe in our Hilsa fish series. If you love sweet and sour fish chutney, you can try this delicious dish.
I have used Hilsa fish head, you can even use Hilsa fish fillets.
Lets get started !!
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Marinate fish head with pinch of turmeric powder and salt. Fry both side of the fish heads until it become golden.
Take tamarind paste in a small bowl. Add 3 to 4 tablespoon water and make a smooth runny paste.
Cooking Time : 5 minutes
- Hilsa Fish head – 1 whole, divided into half
- Tamarind Paste – 1 tablespoon
- Dry red chilli – 1
- Salt – as per taste
- Sugar – 3 to 4 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Mustard Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Heat oil in a deep bottom frying pan.
- When the oil heats up, add dry chilli. Wait until the chilli turns crispy.
- Then lower the flame. Pour the tamarind paste into the pan slowly.
- Add salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Add fish heads into the gravy.
- Stir occasionally. Turn sides of the fish heads so that both sides are cooked.
- Wait until the gravy thickens up.
- When everything is done, turn the flame off.
This dish tastes better if you keep it overnight and then enjoy the next day 🙂
But if you do not have the time, you can have hilsa fish in tamarind paste with rice after the dish comes to room temperature.