Hi everybody !! Hope you are having a good week.
In between our Hilsa fish recipes, I thought of quickly sharing this easy veg curry with you. If any of you noticed that this recipe is a repetition in my blog, then thank you so much dear for being with me from my initial days 🙂 Your support means a lot to me 😀
In case you are a new member of my blog family, welcome dear. This is an updated version of the potato runner beans curry I shared earlier. A very simple everyday dish which I love as a side dish with rice, the sun dried dumpling and black cumin seeds add a special Bengali flavor to the curry.
Lets get started !!
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
- Potato – 1 medium, cut thin round pieces first, then cut each slices into 4 parts (once vertically and then horizontally)
- Runner Beans (Shim) – 200g, cut each into 1/2 (if they are bigger in size then cut into 3 pieces, keeping in proportion with the potatoes)
- Tomato – 1 medium, roughly chopped
- Green chillies – 4, each cut into 1/2
- Ginger paste / Crushed ginger – 2 teaspoon
- Sun dried dumplings (Bori) – 12 to 14
- Black cumin seeds (Kala Jeera) – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Mustard oil – 5 tablespoon
- Heat mustard oil in a wok. When the oil heats up, add sun dried dumplings (bori).
- Stir fry the dumplings until they turn golden brown. Take them out and keep them aside.
- In the same oil, add black cumin seeds. When they start crackling, add potatoes.
- Stir fry the potatoes until they start turning golden.
- Now add runner beans. Stir for 1 more minute.
- Add tomatoes,ginger paste and salt. Mix and keep stirring until the tomatoes become soft.
- Next add the spices – turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder and coriander powder. Mix well. Keep stirring.
- When the spices start releasing oil, add 2 to 3 cups warm water. Lower the flame to medium. Cover the wok with a lid. Let the vegetables boil.
- When the vegetables are half boiled, add the sun dried dumplings and green chillies (keep few aside for garnishing)
- Wait until the veggies are completely cooked. If the gravy becomes too thick / dry you can add warm water to have a runny curry.
- Turn the flame off and give the dish some standing time. Garnish with green chillies.
Serve Potato Runner Beans curry with sun dried dumplings hot with rice / bread.