Hello everybody !! Hope you are having a lovely weekend 🙂
I had shared with you a recipe for Egg Chicken Hakka Noodles in June. You can check out the earlier post if you have not already.
Today I will share with you slightly different updated version of the Egg Chicken Hakka Noodles recipe. I love spices as you all know by now. Though few people do not use much spices in Noodles, my version will certainly be hot and spicy as always but very easy and tasty 🙂
If you love spicy food like me, surely try this recipe. I am sure you will love it. Let me know in the comment section if you do.
Lets get started !!
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
For Shredded Chicken:
Clean the shredded chicken well. Marinate them with little lemon juice, pinch of red chilli powder and pinch of salt. Heat 2 tablespoon refined / olive oil in a frying pan and fry the marinated shredded chicken until they turn golden brown. Take them out in a paper towel wrapped plate to remove excess oil.
For Scrambled Egg:
Next in the same frying pan, in the remaining oil, crack open an egg, add a pinch of salt and prepare a lightly fried scrambled egg.
For boiled noodles:
Take a deep bottom saucepan. Fill 1/2 of it with water. Add pinch of salt and few drops of olive oil. Wait till it starts to boil. Place the noodles inside warm water. Lower the flame to medium. Let the noodles boil. In the meantime, take a large bowl and fill 1/2 of it. Add 4 to 5 ice cubes. When the noodles are boiled, strain them from hot water and put them in the ice water bowl for 2 minutes. Strain water as much as you can from the noodles and keep them in a bowl.
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
- Hakka Noodles – 1 big bowl, boiled & strained (I have used egg noodles, you can use any type you prefer)
- Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Garlic – 6 cloves, finely chopped
- Ginger – 2 inches, finely chopped
- Lemon Juice – use juice from 1/2 a lemon (2 tablespoon approx)
- Capsicum – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Green Chilli – 3 to 4, finely chopped
- Spring Onion – 2 to 3 tablespoon
- Coriander Leaves – 1 and 1/2 tablespoon
- Red Chilli Flakes – 1 teaspoon
- Black Pepper Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Scrambled egg – use 1 whole egg
- Shredded chicken – 2 tablespoon
- Soy Sauce – 2 to 3 tablespoon (I used Weikfield Soya Sauce)
- Tomato Sauce / Ketchup – 2 tablespoon (I used Maggie Hot & Sweet Tomato Ketchup)
- Nando’s Extra Hot Peri Peri sauce (optional) – 1 teaspoon, You can skip this / use any chilli sauce of your choice
- Olive oil / Refined oil – 4 to 5 tablespoon (I used olive oil, you can use any refined oil you have)
- Heat oil in a wok. When the oil heats up add chopped garlic. Stir for a minute.
- Add garlic. Stir for few more seconds. Next add onions and capsicum. Keep stirring until onions turn golden.
- Add salt, shredded chicken, scrambled egg. Mix well.
- Add lemon juice, red chilli flakes and black pepper powder. Stir and mix well.
- Add soy sauce and tomato ketchup. Stir and mix well. Keep stirring until the veggies are completely cooked.
- Now add the boiled noodles. Lower the flame to minimum. Toss the noodles slowly and mix them with sauce and veggies. Keep doing until everything is mixed well.
- Add coriander leaves and spring onions (Keep little amount aside for garnish). Keep tossing and mixing again for a minute.
- Once everything is mixed and done, turn the flame off. Remove Hakka Noodles in a serving plate. Sprinkle any hot chilli sauce (like I used Nando’s Extra Hot Peri Peri Sauce) of your choice on top. Garnish with remaining coriander and spring onions.
Serve Egg Chicken Hakka Noodles hot and enjoy your meal 😀