Today we are proudly celebrating 71st Independence Day !! Jai Hind !!
I shared with you in my last post how to prepare Banana Flowers with Prawns. Hope you liked it. There are some really awesome veg recipes using Banana Flowers also.
So I thought of doing 2 of my favorite veg recipes which I will be sharing with you in 2 back to back posts. In this post I will tell how I prepare Banana Flowers with Shredded Coconut. This recipe is very delicious but super easy just like the previous one.
Lets get started !!
Preparation Time : 30 minutes
Clean the banana flowers as mentioned in previous post, finely chop them and boil them in a pressure cooker. Preparation of the flowers remains quite same for me.
Shred 1/2 a coconut and keep it in a bowl.
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
- Banana Flower – 1 bowl, finely chopped and boiled
- Shredded Coconut – 5 to 6 tablespoon (Keep 1 tablespoon shredded coconut for garnishing)
- Ginger Paste – 1 teaspoon
- Potato – 1 small, cut into very small pieces (optional)
- Tomato – 1 medium, roughly chopped
- Dry Bay Leaf – 1
- Dry Red Chilli – 1
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Cumin Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Clarified Butter (Ghee) – 1 tablespoon
- Heat oil in a wok. When the oil heats up, add the potatoes and a tiny pinch of salt. Stir fry until the potatoes turn golden. Remove them from oil and keep aside.
- In the same oil, add dry bay leaf and dry red chilli. Wait until the red chilli starts to crackle.
- Lower the flame to medium. Add the shredded coconut (Keep the part for garnishing aside) and stir until the coconut starts turning red.
- Now add ginger and tomatoes. Mix well. Keep stirring until the tomatoes become soft.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt. Mix well. Stir until the spices start releasing oil.
- Next add potatoes and banana flowers. Mix everything well. Cover the wok with a lid. Let everything cook in the steam. Stir occasionally.
- When the potatoes are boiled, add sugar and garam masala powder. Mix everything and cover the lid again.
- Wait until everything is cooked. Remove the lid and keep stirring until the water completely dries up. When done turn the flame off.
- Sprinkle clarified butter. Mix well and give the dish some standing time.
- Garnish the dish with shredded coconut on top.
Serve Banana Flower with Shredded Coconut hot with rice.