Today I am sharing with you a yummy veg snacks recipe : Cauliflower Fritters (Gobi Pakora).
Enjoy this easy and quick snack with friends and family on a fun evening. You can have it with any dip / ketchup you want.
Lets get started !!
Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Cooking Time : 5 minutes
- Cauliflower Florets – 15, medium sized
- Turmeric Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
- Carom Seeds (Ajwain) – 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Baking Powder – a pinch (optional)
- Gram Flour (Besan) – 1 medium bowl
- Refined Vegetable Oil – 1 cup
- Chaat Masala – 1 teaspoon (for garnishing)
- Black pepper Powder – 1/2 teaspoon (for garnishing)
- Any dip as per choice ( I used tomato ketchup )
- Take a large bowl. Fill 3/4th of it with warm water. Add few pinches of salt. Now dip all the cauliflower florets into the warm water for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes take out the florets and dry them with tissue paper. Place them in a separate bowl. Marinate the florets with a pinch of turmeric and red chilli powder for 5 minutes.
- Next take a deep bottom frying pan. Add refined vegetable oil and wait till the oil heats up.
- Side by side prepare the batter : Take a deep bottom bowl. Add gram flour. Next add remaining turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, salt, carom seeds and baking powder. Add few drops of hot oil from the frying pan. Now prepare a thick flowing batter with required amount of water.
- When the oil is completely heated up, dip each cauliflower florets into the batter. Coat the florets on all sides uniformly. Then dip them one by one carefully into the oil.
Deep fry the florets on all sides in medium flame until they turn golden brown and crispy.
Take a serving plate with tissue paper. Keep all the cauliflower fritters on the tissue paper to remove the excess oil.
Sprinkle black pepper powder and chaat masala on top of all the fritters.
Serve deep fried cauliflower fritters hot with any dip of your choice as a yummy snack.