Hello everybody !! 🙂
I was not well for few days so could not post anything for you guys. Sorry about it 😦
Today I will share with you a recipe which is ideal for a hot summer lunch. The recipe is extremely simple to prepare, needs minimum ingredients and will help you cool your body in this hot weather. I prepared this dish for myself as a side dish with rice and it was very easy to digest yet quite tasty.
Bottle gourd is a highly nutritious vegetable. Look at some of its benefits :
- contains the above 90% water and the remaining is easily digestible fiber. It is enriched with Vitamins B and C, and minerals like sodium, potassium, iron etc.
- The glucose and sugar related compounds are nearly nil in the bottle gourd. So it the one of the food option for the diabetic patients.
- controls body heat and keeps body cool.
Lets get started !!
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
- Bottle Gourd – 1 small, chopped into thin long slices
- Tomatoes – 2 small / 1 medium, chopped into thin slices
- Ginger Paste – 1 tablespoon
- Coriander – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Dry red chilli – 4
- Mustard Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric Powder – 2 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Melted Clarified Butter (Desi Ghee) – 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Heat oil in a wok. When oil heats up add dry red chillies.
- When chillies turn brown and crispy, add ginger paste and tomatoes. Stir for a minute.
- Next add the bottle gourd slices and salt. Mix well and stir for a minute. Cover the wok with a lid.
- When the bottle gourd starts releasing water, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and cumin powder. Mix everything well and cover with the lid.
- Let the bottle gourd boil in its own juice. If needed you may add some warm water later.
- When the vegetables are almost boiled add sugar. Mix well and let it boil completely.
- Check if the gravy has thickened and vegetables are all done. If yes, turn the flame off. Add chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Sprinkle clarified butter (ghee) on top. This step is optional.
- Cover the wok with a lid and give the dish some standing time.
Serve Bottle Gourd with coriander curry hot with rice.