Happy Sunday everybody !!
Today’s recipe is super easy but wholesome rice dish. You can enjoy this dish as a single wholesome menu for a lazy lunch. You can also serve it to your guests on a special occasion with any gravy side dish of your choice.
Prepare Chicken Capsi rice and let me know if you like it in the comment section.
Cooking Time : 30 minutes
For rice :
- Basmati Rice – 1 and 1/2 cup, soaked in water for 1 hour
- Whole spices – 4 green cardamoms, 4 black peppercorn, 4 cloves, 3 small cinnamon sticks
- Bay Leaves – 2
- Melted Butter – 2 tablespoons
For marinating chicken pieces :
- Shredded Chicken – 1/2 cup
- Ginger and Garlic Paste – 1 tablespoon
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Cumin Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice – 1 tablespoon
Other ingredients :
- Green Capsicum – 1 large, cut into long thin slices
- Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Garlic – 6 cloves, finely chopped
- Green Chilli – 4, finely chopped
- Refined Vegetable Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Black Pepper Powder – 2 tablespoons
- In a small bowl add all the ingredients and shredded chicken into the bowl. Keep the marinated chicken for an hour.
- Take a deep bottom saucepan. Add 1 tablespoon melted butter. Add bay leaves and whole spices.
- When the spices start crackling, add soaked basmati rice. Mix everything. Add 3 to 4 cups warm water (depends on the rice you are using). Cover saucepan with a lid, sprinkle a pinch of salt and let the rice cook in medium flame.
- Now take a wok. Add refined oil. When the oil heats up, add the marinated chicken.
- Stir fry the chicken until they are golden brown. Take them out in a plate.
- In the remaining oil, add garlic and green chillies. Stir for a minute.
- Add onion. Stir fry until the onions turn golden.
- Now add the capsicum. Mix everything and keep stir frying until the capsicum starts changing color.
- Add salt and 1 cup warm water and let the capsicum cook for some time.
- When the capsicum is almost done, let the gravy become dry.
- The rice will be almost cooked by now. Add the rice and fried chicken on top of the capsicum gravy uniformly. Cover the wok with a lid and let it cook for a minute.
- When everything is done, turn the flame off. Sprinkle remaining melted butter and black pepper powder. Mix everything with the rice and give the dish some standing time.
Serve Chicken Capsi rice hot with any veg / non veg gravy dish you like.
Mumi’s Tips & Tricks :
- You can use soya chunks instead of chicken if you are vegetarian.
- You can prepare 3 Pepper Rice in the same way, just use red, yellow and green bell peppers and no chicken.
- You can even use prawns instead of chicken to make a Prawn Capsi Rice.