Hello dear readers !!
Hope you are having a lovely weekend !!
Here is a spicy Pomfret fish recipe which is one of my favorite fish of all time. Pomfret has very less bones and super easy to cook. Being a sea food lover pomfret and prawns seems like heaven to me 🙂
Sliver pomfret is an excellent source of B vitamins including vitamin B12 and Niacin. It is good for your skin because it contains high vitamin A, vitamin B3, and vitamin E which give you what you need to fight off wrinkles, skin redness, and maintain moisture in your skin.
Enjoy this super easy but delicious side dish with rice / bread for a special Sunday lunch.
Lets get started !!
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
- Whole Silver Pomfret Fish – 4 ( I have removed the heads, you may keep them )
- Onion – 2 medium sized, finely chopped (you can also use 4 tbsp onion paste)
- Garlic Paste – 2 tbsp
- Tomato – 2 medium sized, finely chopped
- Coriander Leaves – 9 to 10
- Green Chilli – 2 , slitted into half
- Turmeric Powder – 2 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Shahi Garam Masala Powder – 2 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
- Refined Vegetable Oil – 1 cup
Make 2 horizontal slits on each fish. Marinate them with 1 tbsp turmeric powder, salt, 1 tbsp kashmiri red chilli powder,lemon juice and few drops of refined vegetable oil for about 30 minutes.
Heat oil in a frying pan. When the oil heats up shallow fry marinated pomfret fishes one by one. (Do not fry them too much to avoid the fish becoming chewy)
- In the remaining oil add onion slices / paste. Stir fry them until they turn golden.
- Next add garlic paste. Mix well and keep stirring until the onions are almost fried.
- Now add tomato slices Mix well.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, kashmiri red chilli powder, cumin powder and salt. Mix everything well.
- Keep stirring until the spices start releasing water. If the tomatoes are yet not done add little warm water.
- When the gravy is completely done place the fried pomfret pieces on the gravy. Add few drops of warm water if required so that all the fishes go inside the gravy.
- After a minute turn all the fish pieces to let the other side go inside the gravy.
- Once the fishes are nicely mixed with the gravy, turn the flame off. Sprinkle shahi garam masala on top. Carefully mix a little with the gravy.
- Garnish with green chilllies and coriander leaves on top. Give the dish some standing time.
- Serve Spicy Pomfret dish hot with rice.