This is a childhood favorite recipe which I am going to share with you today. In Bengal we call this type of pancake as “Gola Ruti”, ‘gola’ means batter and ‘ruti’ means bread. This is a very wholesome meal which we generally prepare for kids / guests, its super quick, easy, very tasty and needs minimum ingredients.
The basic flour pancake needs only wheat flour, potato, onion and green chillies. But I have added cauliflower, ginger, garlic and coriander leaves for extra flavor.
Lets get started !!
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 5 minutes
- Wheat Flour – 250g, approx 2 cups
- Potato – 2 small sized, cut into very thin long slices
- Cauliflower – 3 florets, cut into very small pices
- Onion – 1 medium sized, finely chopped
- Finely chopped ginger and garlic – 1/2 teaspoon each
- Finely chopped green chilli – 1 teaspoon
- Fresh Coriander leaves – 2 teaspoon, finely chopped
- Salt – as per taste
- Dry red chilli and roasted cumin seed powder – 2 tablespoon
- Refined Oil – 1cup
Prepare the batter first. For this take a large bowl. Add all the ingredients except oil into the bowl. Take a big spoon and mix everything well. Next add water little by little and keep mixing until you get a consistency which is neither runny nor thick, it should be easy to spread.
- Now take a frying pan. Add 1 to 2 tablespoon refined oil, spread it around the pan and let it heat up.
- When the oil heats up completely, take a big round spoon. Dip it into the batter and add 2 spoonful batter into the oil. Spread it quickly to make it round and thin as much as possible.
- Turn the flame to medium and let one side of the batter cook.
- When one side turns golden flip the pancake and cook the other side. Add few drops of oil if needed from the sides.
- When both sides turn golden and the batter is completely cooked serve your pancake in a plate.
- Repeat the whole process to make as many pancakes you want.
- Enjoy yummy flour veg pancake hot with any pickle of your choice 🙂