This is the easiest recipe of ridge gourd possible 🙂 Minimum ingredients, minimum time and minimum effort… but the result is a yummy side dish which goes well with both rice and bread.
Lets get started !!
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 5 minutes
- Ridge Gourds – 5 to 6 peeled, cut into thin semi circular pieces
- Onion – 1 medium sized, cut into long thin slices
- Dry red chillies – 4
- Mustard Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Sugar – a pinch
- Heat oil in a non stick frying pan. When the oil heats up add dry red chillies into the oil.
- Stir until the chillies turn brown and crisp. Keep them aside in a plate.
- Now add onions in the remaining oil. Stir fry until they turn golden brown.
- Add the ridge gourd slices. Add salt. Mix everything well and cover the pan with a lid.
- Let the ridge gourds boil in their own water. Stir occasionally.
- When the ridge gourds are completely boiled, add sugar and turmeric powder. Mix well and remove the lid.
- Keep stirring until the water completely dries.
- Turn the flame off when done. Crush 2 fried red chillies and mix with the ridge gourd.
- Garnish with remaining 2 chillies and serve hot.