This is a everyday veg dish you can enjoy with rice / bread. Super easy, wholesome, medium spicy and very tasty. Though cauliflowers are rarely available now during the summer months… but I still found one yesterday… lucky me 😀 😀 Me and husband loooove cauliflowers.. our top favorite veggie. Green peas are also rarely available in the market.. if you find great.. if not you can buy the frozen ones. This dish is a winter special for us in India.. but I really could not resist sharing it… it tastes yum even in summer 😀
So go find a cauliflower and lets get started !!
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
- Cauliflower – 1 whole, cut into medium sized florets
- Potatoes – 2 medium sized, cut into small square pieces
- Green Peas – 1/2 bowl
- Onion – 1 medium sized, cut into thin long slices
- Garlic and Ginger Paste – 2 tablespoons
- Tomatoes – 2 medium sized, roughly chopped
- Green Chillies – 4 slitted (only garnishing)
- Turmeric Powder – 2 tablespoon
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 tablespoon
- Coriander Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Mustard Oil – 1/2 cup
- Heat mustard oil in a wok. When the oil heats up, add potatoes into it.
- Add few pinches of salt. Keep stir frying the potatoes until they turn golden. When done keep them in a separate plate.
- In the remaining oil add cauliflowers. Add few pinches of salt if needed. Stir fry until the florets turn slightly golden brown. When done keep them in a separate plate again.
- Now add onions into the left over oil. Fry till they become translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste. Mix and keep stirring until the onions turn slightly brown.
- Add tomatoes. Stir and mix well. Cover the wok with a lid and stir occasionally until tomatoes become soft.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander and cumin powder. Also add the fried potatoes. Mix everything well and keep stirring until the spices start releasing oil.
- Add 1 to 2 cups warm water depending on how much gravy you want. Mix well. Add salt if needed.
- When the water starts boiling, place the cauliflowers into the gravy. Mix everything with a light hand.
- Now take a pressure cooker. Place everything from the wok into the pressure cooker. Wait until 2 whistles in medium flame.
- Turn the flame off and give the dish some standing time.
- When everything is done, garnish with some green chillies and serve hot. (You may sprinkle some garam masala on top if you want)