Here is a super easy & quick Green Pumpkin recipe which needs very basic ingredients and very less spices. You can prepare this with any type of pumpkin – green/ yellow/ orange depending on your liking. You may even opt for not peeling the pumpkins. There will be very little difference in taste. Enjoy this highly nutritious veggie during the summer months to keep yourself healthy.
Health benefits of pumpkin :
Pumpkin is one of the best-known sources of beta-carotene, a powerful antioxidant that gives orange vegetables and fruits their vibrant color. Beta-carotene is converted to vitamin A in the body once it is eaten. Consuming foods rich in beta-carotene may reduce the risk of developing certain types of cancer, offer protection against asthma and heart disease, and delay aging and body degeneration.
Lets get started !!
- Green Pumpkin – 1/2, peeled & cut into medium square pieces
- Tomatoes – 2, medium, roughly chopped
- Onion – 1, medium, cut into thin long slices
- Ginger Paste – 2 tablespoons
- Green Chillies – 4
- Turmeric Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Sugar – a pinch
- Mustard Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Heat oil in a wok. When it heats up add onions. Stir fry until they become translucent.
- Next add ginger paste. Stir and mix well with the onions.
- Wait for a minute and add the pumpkins. Mix well and keep stirring occasionally until the pumpkins turn golden.
- Add tomatoes and salt. Mix everything well. Stir occasionally.
- When the tomatoes become soft, add the spices – turmeric, red chilli, coriander and cumin powder. Also add a pinch of sugar. Mix everything well.
- Smash the tomatoes and mix into the gravy. Stir occasionally. You may add very little warm water if needed.
- When the pumpkins are completely done turn the flame off.
- Garnish the dish with green chillies on top.
Serve Dry Pumpkin Curry hot with rice / bread as a main course side dish.
Try and let me know about your experience in the comment section. Hit the like button if you enjoyed.