Hello dear readers !!
Summer has arrived… Temperature is soaring all over India. We are having extremely sticky, hot and humid weather here in Kolkata. I personally do not like summer much. The evening breeze sometimes comes as a relief but that too is not a everyday solution to this extreme heat.
I feel very gloomy during the day.. specially when I am working from home. Sitting in front of the laptop throughout the day, windows and doors all closed, constant sound of a high speed fan, oily and sticky skin…such a suffocating environment.
As a result of work pressure + bad weather , irritation and stress leads to a depressed sulky mood…. Even I face daily health issues like heat rashes, acne, indigestion, headaches, body pain etc.
But dear readers we all know we cant change the rule of nature… so we should think of making our life better in whatever way suits us.
Today I am going to share with you some of my ways to deal with the hot weather …. you may find a new way to make your summer better 😀
As our body is our greatest asset… here are some tips to stay healthy during summer:
- Drink lots of water to keep your body and mind hydrated !! This may sound cliched and difficult for some. But to motivate yourself buy a sipper bottle of your favorite color. The bottle should be light weight and travel friendly but hold sufficient amount of water. Go for some pretty bright color or cute prints to brighten up your mood whenever you see the bottle. If you really hate the taste of water mix lemon / orange / mint flavor in your water.
- Eat fresh fruits which are high in water content…. My favorite summer fruits are water melons, grapes, bell fruits and mangoes. Prepare a nutritious fruit salad as breakfast. If someone is not too fond of fruits prepare milkshakes / smoothies. If you still do not like this, another option is add honey and 1 vanilla ice cream scoop over your fruits, enjoy a fruit sundae. Try to decorate your fruit salad / smoothie / sundae in a pretty way to give your mind some healthy diet too.
- Always eat light less oily food for lunch / dinner. Avoid elaborate menu during summer. This will save you from spending hours in the hot kitchen as well as prevent indigestion.
- Try to incorporate yogurt, lemon, tamarind, tomato, bitter gourd, neem leaves in your daily recipe. Avoid using too much onion, garlic, red chilli and garam masala.
- Avoid drinking hot drinks like tea, coffee etc and alcohol. Go for more refreshing options like lemon-mint drinks, coconut water, buttermilk, mocktails etc
Fashion plays a big role in having a positive mind and feeling self confident. Comfortable at the same time stylish clothing instantly boosts our energy whenever we look in the mirror even in a stressful environment. So some tips for summer dressing :
- Wear pretty pastel colored dresses which are soothing and comfortable. Floral prints, polka dots, ruffles, lace, bell sleeves look very cute during summer. Flowing airy silhouettes will help you avoid heat rashes and excessive sweating.
- Choose clothes which will not stick to your body, but avoid too much skin revealing clothes during the day. Because the hot sun rays will give you burns , tans and then you wont be feeling happy anymore.
- Wear light accessories. I will suggest do not go for chokers / tight wristbands / heavy earrings. Instead wear long light chains, chunky rings, thin bright colored bangles and cute studs. Jazz up your look with big funky sunglasses and colorful bags. Even carry a cute frilly printed umbrella 🙂
- Wear comfortable footwear like gladiators and sandals. If you love wearing shoes go for loafers or pumps. Try not to wear stilettos, high wedges, sneakers and boots.
- Always wear a soft material stole when you step into the sun and cover your skin and hair as much as possible.
Hair and Face are the most beautiful part of your physical appearance. So take special care of them during summer. Some hair and skincare tips for you:
- Use a sunscreen with a high SPF and UV protection. Obviously this is the most important skincare essential. Invest in a good quality one which is non oily, light, non greasy and does not make you sweat more. Apply sunscreen on your face , lips and even your body where it is exposed to sun rays.
- Follow the cleansing – toning – moisturizing routine religiously during summer every morning and evening. Use a mild cleanser and light moisturizer during the day. Use a purifying facewash or scrub in the evening to get rid of the dirt, sweat and pollution from your face. Apply a deep pore cleansing anti tan masque once a week.
- Keep rosewater face mist and aloe vera gel in your hand bag in case you are exposed to heat for very long time.
- Use floral or citrus smell fragrance shower gel and body mist to give you a fresh feel. It is important to bath daily… twice if you want.
- Exfoliate your scalp once a week to get rid of the dirt and grease accumulated there. Also use mild hair cleanser every 3 days with a nourishing conditioner if you have oily scalp dry hair like me.
- Do not tie wet hair. If your hair turns wet due to sweating try to dry it naturally whenever possible, do not keep it tied up.
- Avoid using heating tools and doing heavy makeup during summer.
Some home and lifestyle tips for you now :
- Go for soothing lavender, sweet floral scent or citrus scent candles / diffusers / room fresheners.
- Decorate your room with cute light colored curtains, some small indoor plants, small water fountains, fruit basket, fruity candy boxes and soft fairy lights.
- Change your pillow covers alternate days and bed cover twice a week. Keep the bed sheet color light and soothing to your eyes. Try to use cotton bed sheets.
OK dearies this post is becoming too long 😛 … If I remember to share any more tips with you will do a part 2 of this later 😀
Happy Summer !! Stay positive, stay beautiful …. Lots of love 🙂
If you want to know what skincare / beauty products I use during summer, please let me know in the comment section.
Also if you want me to do any product review or you have any other suggestion / feedback please let me know that also in the comment section. Thank you !!