Today’s recipe can be your breakfast / dinner menu. This is super easy to prepare but it can be quite a wholesome menu because it has eggs , mushrooms, tomatoes, and many other ingredients. So when you do not want rice / bread / anything very heavy, you can prepare this real quick and meet your hunger pangs. Kids will definitely love this yummy omelette.
Lets get started !!
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
- Eggs – 3
- Button Mushrooms – 5 to 6, cut into thin slices
- Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Garlic – 1 teaspoon, finely chopped
- Ginger – 1 teaspoon , finely chopped
- Green Chillies – 2, finely chopped
- Capsicum (Shimla Mirch) – 1, cut into thin round slices
- Coriander Leaves – 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
- Spring Onions – 2 tablespoon , finely chopped
- Tomatoes – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Salt – as per taste
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Black Pepper Powder – 2 tablespoons
- Chaat Masala – 1 teaspoon
- Tomato Ketchup – as per taste (garnishing)
- Refined Oil – 1/2 cup
- Heat 7 to 8 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan. When the oil heats up add garlic, ginger, onion, capsicum and green chillies into the pan. Stir for few minutes.
- Meanwhile break 3 eggs in a small bowl. Sprinkle some salt and add 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder into the egg bowl. Blend everything well with a spoon.
- When the veggies in the wok are slightly fried, add the mushrooms. Mix well and keep stirring for a minute. Cover the pan with a lid.
- When the mushrooms start releasing water add tomatoes and salt. Mix well. Cover the lid and stir occasionally.
- Wait till the water completely dries and everything is boiled. Add coriander leaves and 1 tablespoon spring onions. Mix well. Turn the flame off.
- Add black pepper powder. Mix well.
- Now heat 2 tablespoon oil in a flat pan. Spread the egg mixture evenly to make a circle. Let the omelette cook in medium flame.
- Place the mushroom and veggies on half of the egg.
- When the egg turns golden wrap the free half of the egg over the mushroom mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining spring onions and tomato ketchup on top of omelette. Serve hot.
MuMi’s Tips & Tricks :
- You can use lemon juice instead of tomatoes.
- You can spread the egg mixture on top of the mushroom-veggies also. In this case, use less amount of veggies and spread evenly in the pan, otherwise the omelette may break easily when you turn it.
- You can use Chilli Garlic Sauce / Schezwan Sauce if you want instead of tomato ketchup.