Happy Holi to all my lovely readers !! Wish you have a safe and colorful day. Have fun 🙂
Here is a chicken recipe for you. Enjoy this yummy dish with friends and family to celebrate the festival of colors.
Preparation Time :
- Chicken Marination – 4 hours before cooking
- Others – 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 45 minutes
- Chicken – 750g, cut into medium pieces
- Onion – 1 large, chopped into square pieces
- Garlic – 15 cloves made into paste, 5 cloves finely chopped and fried
- Tomato – 2 small / medium, roughly chopped
- Ginger paste – 2 teaspoons
- Black Pepper Powder – 4 tablespoons
- Lemon Juice – 2 medium sized lemons’ juice
- Turmeric Powder – 2 teaspoon (optional)
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 teaspoon
- Cumin Powder – 2 tablespoons
- Coriander Powder – 2 tablespoons
- Plain Butter – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – as per taste
- Whole spices – 4 green cardamoms, 4 small cinnamon sticks, 6 black pepper, 6 cloves
- Bay leaves – 2
- Refined Oil – 8 tablespoons ( I used Emami Soyabean Oil )
Chicken Marination :
Add juice of 1 medium sized lemon, garlic paste, 3 tablespoon black pepper powder, turmeric powder (optional), red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and 2 tablespoon refined oil into the chicken pieces. Mix well and keep it for 4 hours before cooking.
- Heat 6 tablespoons of refined oil in a wok.Wait till it heats up.
- Add whole spices and bay leaves into the oil. Wait until they start to crackle.
- Now add onions into the oil. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Next add the garlic paste. Mix and stir for another minute.
- Add the marinated chicken into the wok. Mix everything well and cover with a lid. Keep stirring occasionally.
- When the chicken starts releasing water, add the tomatoes and salt. Mix well and cover. Stir occasionally.
- Let the chicken cook in its own water. You may add warm water later if necessary.
- When the chicken is completely done and the gravy is thick turn off the flame.
- Add melted butter, 1 tablespoon black pepper, juice of 1 medium sized lemon to the chicken. Mix well.
- Garnish with fried garlic pieces on top. You can also decorate the dish with a slice of lemon and few fresh coriander leaves.
Serve hot with bread, rice or fried rice.