Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 20 to 25 minutes
- Button Mushrooms – 2 packets (approx 20 pieces), cut into medium slices
- Tomato – 1 large, roughly chopped
- Onion – 2 medium sized, cut into square slices
- Garlic – 6 cloves , finely chopped / as paste
- Ginger – same quantity as garlic, finely chopped / as paste
- Fresh Coriander Leaves – 8 to 10 (garnishing)
- Green Chillies – slitted (garnishing)
- Bay Leaves – 1 or 2
- Crushed whole spices : 4 Cloves, 2 small Cinnamon sticks, 5 green Cardamom seeds, 5 whole Black Peppers, some strands of Mace – roughly crushed together
- Melted Butter – 4 tablespoons, plain/flavored (I used Amul Garlic and Herbs Buttery Spread)
- Black Pepper Powder – 4 tablespoons (I used Keya Malabar Black Pepper Powder)
- Refined Oil – 4 tablespoons, I used Emami Vegetable Oil
- Turmeric Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin Powder – 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Coriander Powder – 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Salt – as per taste
- Take a wok and add 2 tablespoon melted butter and refined oil.
- When the wok heats up add bay leaves and crushed whole spices. Slightly stir until you start getting the smell of the spices.
- Now add the mushrooms, onions and some salt. Mix with the spices and cover the wok with a lid.
- Let the mushroom release water. Occasionally stir and cook for around 10 minutes.
- Now add the ginger garlic paste (you can also use finely chopped ginger garlic). Mix well and cover the lid.
- After few minutes add tomatoes. Mix well and again cover the lid. Occasionally stir and cook until the tomatoes become soft.
- When the gravy is almost mixed with the mushrooms add the spices : turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder and coriander powder. (Cumin and Coriander powder are optional, you may skip them). Mix everything well and open the lid.
- Stir and keep mixing everything together until the water reduces to a thick gravy.
- Turn the flame off. Add 2 tablespoons of melted butter, 4 tablespoons of black pepper powder and roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Garnish your dish with 2 or 3 coriander leaves and slitted green chillies. Serve hot with rice or bread.
Prepare this easy tasty dish and enjoy with family and friends. Share your experience with us in the comment section.