This is a different and easy recipe with Mushrooms. This dish can be served with both rice and bread. The specialty of this dish is the use of 3 types of bell pepper – red, yellow and green. The recipe is less spicy yet tasty .
Lets get started !!
Preparation Time : 20 minutes
- Mushroom – 2 packets (approx 20 pieces), I have used Button Mushroom
- Yellow Bell Pepper – 1 small, cut into long thin slices
- Red Bell Pepper – 1 small, cut into long thin slices
- Green Capsicum – 1 small, cut into long thin slices
- Onion – 1 large, finely chopped
- Ginger & Garlic Paste – 2 tablespoon
- Tomato – 2, roughly chopped
- Fresh Coriander Leaves – 8 to 10, only the leaves (garnishing)
- Green Chillies – 4 to 5, slitted (garnishing)
- Fresh Cream – 2 teaspoons (I used Amul Fresh Cream)
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 and 1/2 tablespoon
- Shahi Garam Masala Powder – 1 teaspon
- Refined Oil – 4 tablespoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Cut each button mushroom into 2 or 4 parts and boil them using a pressure cooker until they become slightly soft.
- Strain the water from boiled mushrooms completely and keep them in a bowl.
- Now take 2 tablespoon refined oil in a wok. Wait till it heats up.
- Stir fry the boiled mushrooms for 2 minutes. Take them out from the wok and keep them in a bowl.
- Now (add some oil if needed in the wok) add the onions into the wok. Stir fry for a minute.
- Next add the ginger garlic paste and keep stirring until the onions start becoming golden brown.
- Now add all 3 bell peppers into the wok. Keep stirring and mixing everything well.
- When the bell peppers are slightly fried, add the tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Cover the wok with a lid and keep stirring and mixing after few minutes interval.
- When the tomatoes become soft, add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder to the mushrooms. Mix well and cover wok with lid. (Add slight water if needed)
- Wait until all the vegetables and mushrooms are completely cooked. Add shahi garam masala powder and mix well. Turn off the flame.
- Garnish the mushroom dish by putting dollops of fresh cream, few coriander leaves and green chillies on top.
Enjoy your Mushroom preparation using 3 types of bell peppers with fried rice / bread. Its very tasty , quick, less spicy and needs easily available ingredients.
MuMi’s tip and tricks :
- Using fresh cream is optional. You may skip this step.
- You can fry the mushrooms directly after washing instead of boiling it. In that case cut the mushrooms into very small pieces (1 button mushroom cut into 6 pieces).
- You can use whole garam masala instead of shahi garam masala powder.
- Try to use the 3 bell peppers in equal quantity.