This is a easy to make vegetable fried rice everybody can make at home for any special occasion. Lets get started !
Preparation Time : 20 minutes
- Basmati Rice – 1 and half cup half boiled
- Cauliflower – 8 to 10 small florets
- Carrot – 1 cut into thin long slices
- Peas – half cup
- Beans – 10 to 12 cut into medium pieces
- Spring Onions – 5 to 6 cut into long thin slices (optional)
- Paneer – 150g cut into small square pieces, deep fried
- Cashew Nuts and Raisins – for garnishing, slightly fried
- Whole garam masala – 6 green cardamom , 4 cloves, 2 small cinnamon sticks, 6 black pepper
- Bay leaves – 2
- Refined Oil – I have used Emami Healthy & Tasty Refined Vegetable Oil
- Desi Ghee – 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Salt and Sugar – As per taste
- Soak the basmati rice for 3 to 4 hours in normal water. Then boil the rice so that they are almost done but not fully. Strain the water completely and keep in a bowl.
- Add refined oil in a wok. Wait till the oil heats up.
- Add the cauliflowers and fry them. Next fry the beans
- Stir fry for sometime spring onions. Slightly fry the peas and carrots. Keep the fried vegetables together in a plate.Sprinkle some salt on them.
- Now add 1/2 tablespoon ghee in the wok. Slightly fry the cashewnuts and keep them in a bowl.
- Now add 1 and 1/2 tablespoon desi ghee in the wok. Let it melt.
- Add the whole garam masala and bay leaves. Stir for a minute.
- Next add the almost boiled rice into the wok. Keep mixing and stirring .
- You can add little water if needed (but I do not use water). Add salt and sugar as per taste into the rice. Close the wok with a lid.
- Keep mixing everything till the rice is completely done.
- Now add all the vegetables and fried paneer cubes into the rice.
- Turn the oven off. Mix everything together.
- Serve the vegetable fried rice in a plate. Garnish with cashewnuts and raisins on top.
Enjoy easy and tasty veg fried rice with family for a special lunch 🙂