This recipe of Veg Hakka Noodles is super easy and the ingredients are very easily available. Although this version of hakka noodles may not be authentic Chinese, but I think this one will be ideal for bachelors, new cooks and anybody in a lazy mood 😛
You may find some interesting points in the “MuMi’s Tips and Tricks section”. Go check that out. Little changes can make your noodles slightly different. Enjoy !!
Preparation time : 10-15 minutes
- Vegetables : Potato, Cauliflower, Spring onions, Tomato, Onion, Garlic, Ginger, Green Chillies, Fresh Coriander leaves (you can also use carrots and beans)
- Hakka Noodles packet ( I used the Wai Wai Hakka Veg Noodles )
- Spices : 1 pinch chilli powder, small pinch of jeera powder, 1 pinch black pepper, salt. I also used a very small pinch of haldi powder, but this is optional. You can also use the ready to use Hakka Noodles masala packet / authentic Chinese spices also. But I wanted to keep it really simple.
- Refined oil ( I used Emami Healthy and Tasty Sunflower oil ).
- Sauce : I used Delmonte Schezwan Sauce. You may use any tomato sauce / hot garlic sauce/ chilli sauce depending on your taste.
- Start boiling the Hakka noodles in a saucepan. Add a pinch of salt and few drops of refined oil in the pan while you are boiling the noodles.
- When the noodles are completely boiled remove them from oven. Add 1 small cup of cold water into the pan. Keep it aside for few minutes.
- Drain water from the noodles and keep them in a plate.
- Take a wok. Add approx 4 tbsp of refined oil ( amount of oil depends on quantity of veggies). Let it become hot.
- Now add the Cauliflowers and Potatoes first in the wok. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add spring onions, finely chopped onions, finely chopped ginger and garlic. Keep stirring for 1-2 minutes. Add the roughly chopped tomatoes now.
- When the tomatoes becomes soft, add all the spices (except black pepper) and salt. Mix well with the vegetables.
- Keep stirring until the vegetables become soft (never deep fry them). Now add the noodles in the wok and keep mixing everything well.
- When completely done, add finely chopped green chillies and finely chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
- When plating add any sauce of your choice (I used Schezwan Sauce) and mix well.
Enjoy your tasty easy Veg Hakka noodles 😀
MuMi’s Tips and Tricks 😉
- Adding cold water to the boiled noodles helps you if the noodles are breaking / overboiled.
- Adding slight pinch of haldi powder gives a beautiful light yellow color to the noodles (personal choice, totally optional)
- Cut the potatoes as thin as you can. Potatoes are not used in noodles usually. But if you are a potato lover like me 😀 you can add them, but make sure you cut it very thin so that it completely gets mixed with other vegetables.
- I have cut the spring onions in long thin parts instead of the traditional fine chop. This is because I have used them as a vegetable and not garnishing. Again a personal choice, you can skip coriander leaves and use finely chopped spring onions.
- If you are not using onion and garlic in the noodles then the spring onion can add its own flavor if you cut it long and use it as vegetable.
- I skipped adding soya sauce because I dont like it.. you may if you want. But if you use Schezwan sauce like me, dont use any other sauce.